cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

slow speeds in evenings

Highlighted
Junior

slow speeds in evenings

Speeds are only slow at night. It is unacceptable, please fix it. I mean if its not enough that you are robbing me hand over fist of my data (already 1.4 gb in two days and i haven't watched a single video!), but now you are giving me unacceptable speed on top of it. This is my 3rd month, and we are considering the service unacceptable in the evenings.

Capture3.PNG

http://testmy.net/db/5ba1QnmfA

The service is very good during the day, more than adequate and very fast for being satellite. but it just **bleep**s the bed every night.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Junior

Re: slow speeds in evenings

In light of new evidence, I want to rescind my claims publically ( i have already done so with the moderator in private message ). It seems some if not all of my issue can be chalked up to my step dad surfing youtube and facebook during the day and evenings while I am trying to work on the PC. So it appears to have been false accusation on my behalf, and I apologize to members of this board and to the moderation staff. I will ask for the complimentary account credit and tokens to be canceled. Again, i am very sorry for the false accusations. 

Garrett

25 REPLIES
Senior Instructor

...your speed test results at http://testmy.net/quickstats/r3wt fall with in an acceptable range for your service plan.  Hughesnet advertises speeds of UPTO 25Mbps, and they attempt to maintain an average of 60%.  You would have to dip below 15Mbps on average, and your testmy results show your average at 26.3Mbps, an average of 105%

Teaching Assistant

My average looks good too, because I test a lot during times when the speed is better.  If I only tested during the evening, when the speeds are under 5 Mbps, the average would look very poor. 

Senior Instructor
Teaching Assistant

@r3wt, when you say "Speeds are only slow at night," what do you mean in terms of numbers?  The posted speed, the one on your picture, is not all that bad.  If I run speed tests in the evening, the average is a bit sad, with speeds under 5 Mbps at times.  During the day, I get an average of maybe 16 to 17 Mbps.

Teaching Assistant

Right, gotcha.  I didn't look at the results page, so I was wondering if the OP was testing when speeds were better.  I maintain that in my particular case, the speeds in the evening are indeed curiously low, and the folks at Hughes have agreed.  I'm told it's beam 68 blues.  I'm waiting for the inevitable engineering miracle. Matter of time.

C0RR0SIVE wrote:

@maratsade

Even so, the individual results OP has provided never dip below 60%.

Junior

http://testmy.net/db/palv5w6bm a very weird result

Teaching Assistant

@r3wt

Actually, that's pretty good for 7pm.

Compare it to this

Sophomore

I'm with you, just ran a test and got a whopping 0.9 Mbps...it's like this EVERY NIGHT in my household. I'm getting extremely frustrated, and nearly ready to call it quits.
Junior

MarkJFine wrote:

@r3wt

Actually, that's pretty good for 7pm.

Compare it to this

The result changed retroactively after i ran it. Some type of timeout occurred, it took almost 30 seconds i'd estimate to run the test, and showed a speed of 2,000mbps with a low of 15kbps. it was bizarre. then when i shared it, it showed something totally different. I think i know why Hughes.net prefers testmy.net now. I think the tests are being rigged