cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

snails pace

maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

Re: snails pace

If they asked me what prompted me to start running speed tests, I would say something like: "I started running speed tests because web pages I was trying to access were very sluggish and took a long time to download."  

randalldb
Sophomore

I started running speed tests because it has become impossible to reliably stream shows and download large files
randalldb
Sophomore

@GabeU was only referring to the two speed measurements he highlighted: 2.56 Mbps up and 21.69 Mbps down. Those two were normal. 
So ignore the poor download speeds? Again I must be missing something
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@randalldb wrote:

@GabeU was only referring to the two speed measurements he highlighted: 2.56 Mbps up and 21.69 Mbps down. Those two were normal. 
So ignore the poor download speeds? Again I must be missing something

You are.  

Referencing the two speed tests I thought you were referring to, and maratsade explaining that to you, is not ignoring the other tests.  It's referencing the two tests I thought you were referring to.  Nothing more.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
randalldb
Sophomore

Was my response to Liz's question adequate,?
maratsade

I think so. 

@randalldb wrote:
Was my response to Liz's question adequate,?

randalldb
Sophomore

I hope so, ill pick this up again tomorrow, enough frustration for one afternoon, thanks for trying
maratsade

Hopefully @Liz will reply to you tomorrow. Hang in there!

Liz

Good morning randalldb,

Thank you for working with the community thus far. On which platforms are you trying to stream?

Are you trying to stream in in HD? If so, you should temporarily disable Video Data Saver, as that can cause buffering when trying to force HD. Otherwise, leave your playback option to "auto".

When do you normally try to stream? Do you experience issues regardless of the time of day/night?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

randalldb
Sophomore

I stream various shows mainly from Netflix, tho I will download on demand directv shows

Speeds slow mostly during the day, to under 1mbps until about 8pm
Thank you