so slow cant even watch video or even load some web sites

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shawnbos
Freshman

so slow cant even watch video or even load some web sites

i just got mine set up today i paid to get a bigger dish and paid for all my equipment so i dont have to rent but it is so slow it wont show any videos and wont even open some sites like pintrest because it wont load the pics im very dissapointed almost as slow as my dial-up internet anyone know whats going on

23 REPLIES 23

hi there no it is not fixed it still so slow its rediculice im getting very upset at this point im paying good money to have this and i need hi speed for my job i still have to use my nabors wifi that is from hughesnet and i can run everything perfect i dont understand could maybe have survis person come fix it

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@shawnbos

It would probably help if you could get some tests in at different times.  This is important because results at different times is one of the things that can help to point to a cause.  If you're getting good speeds at one general time of the day, but not at another general time of the day, it can be very helpful for the reps to know this.  

Right now, with the exception of one test, all of your tests have been run from around the 12AM to 1AM EST time period.  The one test that was outside of that time period, which was run at 1:47PM EST, looks very decent.  It could be the norm, or it could be a fluke, but with only one test at that time it's impossible to know.  

They know that it's not always possible for people to be able to run tests at any given time of the day, as people work and do other things, so they don't always have the time to be able to do this.  The ideal time periods to get tests are morning, afternoon and evening, as system load can be very different in each of those time periods, but again, they know that this is often not possible, so they don't push it, but it's still helpful to them if tests can be run at different times.  

Shawnbos, I went ahead and made some adjustments to your modem to hopefully improve your service! These adjustments will take a few hours before improvement shows, let me know how things are running for you later or tomorrow. 

-Brooke