cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed Latency and loss

Distinguished Professor III

Re: speed Latency and loss

What resolution are you seeking? If there is no evidence of equipment issues on HN's side (which HN will likely be able to show), an agency will not be able to do much, if anything. 

(edited for clarity)

Distinguished Professor IV

@dar00 

I still think it would be helpful to demonstrate the issues you're having, such as locally running the previously mentioned trace routes and/or ping tests and showing snapshots of the results, which should include your system clock for reference, as well as taking snapshots of the "limited connectivity" in the Connectivity Test, again with the system clock for reference.

In Windows you can use the Snipping Tool to outline what you want to get a snapshot of, or use 'Windows + PrntScrn' to take an entire window snapshot, which will normally be saved in your Pictures folder.  You can then edit those entire window snapshots, cropping them if you need to. 

When you're experiencing an issue that the reps can't see from their end, demonstrating it can not only help to get them to further investigate, it can give information that may help them in that endeavor.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Freshman

An, as advertised, usable internet?  From my perspective, resolution starts with a new Modem, Cable and Radio. No charge.  The best I got from the phone tech was half off the $175 charge for the Tech.  If the problems persist, it will be obvious they cannot be fixed at my end of the chain. 

" From my perspective, resolution starts with a new Modem, Cable and Radio. No charge. "

That's a tangible  resolution that might be achieved on this site (or via the escalated case), as the HN reps you deal with on this site have much more authority to do this kind of thing than the phone and chat reps. 

Freshman

Yes, if anybody moves on it.  Here's another bit of data.  I disabled both WiFi radios and when I tried to go to websites on my hardwired desktop, the connections kept timing out.  When I enabled the radios I was able to get to websites.  There is something wrong.

That's weird. I don't know enough about all of this stuff to say what might be causing this, unfortunately (EDIT: or even if it's normal for the system to behave this way). I hope someone more knowledgeable can chime in with a theory (it might help you fix the problem or at least test it). 

@dar00 wrote:

I disabled both WiFi radios and when I tried to go to websites on my hardwired desktop, the connections kept timing out.  When I enabled the radios I was able to get to websites.  There is something wrong.

Associate Professor

Might want to check the LAN cable on both ends. Sometimes that locking pin doesn't engage and the connector doesn't make a clean connection.

Could also be the ethernet adaptor or connector on the modem or the computer. It's easier to test on the modem by just moving the cable to a different slot. Like above, make sure the connector is firmly inserted.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
New Poster

How about an improper installation and refusal of access to information such as, service contracts, and terms and conditions of services ??

Bshepperson wrote:
refusal of access to information such as, service contracts, and terms and conditions of services ??

That information is freely accessible here:  https://legal.hughesnet.com/

Freshman

Ran into the contract info problem.  Gpt to the page where it was but it would not download.  Copy and pasted to Notepad.