cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed Latency and loss

Freshman

Re: speed Latency and loss

Did that months ago.  Cable connection is fine.  Modem has problem.  Thanks for the idea though.

Distinguished Professor III

I don't believe there's a PDF format or other downloadable format. It's a webpage. 

dar00 wrote:

Ran into the contract info problem.  Gpt to the page where it was but it would not download.  Copy and pasted to Notepad.

Associate Professor

@dar00 wrote:

Did that months ago.  Cable connection is fine.  Modem has problem.  Thanks for the idea though.

You're welcome. And that's possible. I just wanted to do the process of elimination thing.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Freshman

Seems to me that if you have to sign the contract a copy should be retainable by you.  Just makes Hughesnet dealings more suspicious.

Distinguished Professor IV

@dar00 wrote:

Ran into the contract info problem.  Gpt to the page where it was but it would not download.  Copy and pasted to Notepad.

If you click at the beginning and drag the pointer to the bottom to highlight all of the text in the agreement, then right click on it and choose Print, you can then Print it to a PDF.  You have to do it this way rather than choosing Print from the browser options, as the latter will include the headers in the PDF, which will block out some of the text at the beginning of each page when reading the saved PDF.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro

Their handling of the contract is in accordance with modern law; nothing illegal or suspicious about it.  

dar00 wrote:

Seems to me that if you have to sign the contract a copy should be retainable by you.  Just makes Hughesnet dealings more suspicious.

Freshman

Done with tests.  Been doing them since August.  Can't stream, downloading a 500 mb file takes 4 hrs.  My requested, no charge, new installation is apparently not being acknowledged at this point so I am in limbo with this.  Considering alternatives.

Have there been no updates from the escalated case Damian mentioned upthread?

dar00 wrote:

Done with tests.  Been doing them since August.  Can't stream, downloading a 500 mb file takes 4 hrs.  My requested, no charge, new installation is apparently not being acknowledged at this point so I am in limbo with this.  Considering alternatives.

Freshman

No.

Sorry to hear that.