Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speed Latency and loss

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: speed Latency and loss

@dar00 

I sent you a PM.  

Edit:  Click on the PM title to access the message.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
tengutango
New Poster

Why isn't HugesNet in violation of its contract to provide blazing speeds to its customers when so many can't stream and lose bandwidth without an ability to fix these problems?

maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

The subscriber agreement does not contain the words "blazing speeds," or any guarantees of speed. It contain the words "Stated speeds and uninterrupted use of service are not guaranteed. Actual speeds will likely be lower than the maximum speeds during peak hours."  

https://legal.hughesnet.com/SubAgree-03-16-17.cfm

dar00
Freshman

Contracts are written to protect the Company from "action" so I agree with Maratsade. Legaly, the company is 'correct'. However. if the overall service is not as implied in the advertising, usually gotten around by an unreadable disclaimer, it is not 'right'. Unfortunately the concept of 'right' is not a legal one so, for those of us who do not have massive resources there are only two options. One, accept the excuses given by tech support and live with an overall service that is only slightly better than dialup or two, take the cancellation fee hit and move to a, hopefully, better company.

All this probably should be on another board and it is not getting my problem fixed. I guess I will call Account Management with the elevated case # and try to get my equipment replaced.

Oh and tengutango, thanks for the Kudos.

dar00
Freshman

P.S.  Blocking posts because of certain words does not make them go away.

maratsade

Both of you are conflating advertising with service agreements. 

maratsade

Did a post of yours get blocked? 

@dar00 wrote:

P.S.  Blocking posts because of certain words does not make them go away.

hickoryhill
New Poster

We are having the same issues. As well as running out of data even after we shut everything down from using the data up. I want out of the contract. Have you learned anything from your post.
maratsade

To get out of the contract you need to pay a penalty of $400 for the first 3 months of the contract. After that, the fee reduces by $15 every month.  

hickoryhill wrote:
We are having the same issues. As well as running out of data even after we shut everything down from using the data up. I want out of the contract. Have you learned anything from your post.

dar00
Freshman

Yes. Apparently the word for civil legal action is banned.  Also the initials for an agency concerned with trade.  Makes the whole situation even more suspicious.  Also you may have missed my point with my other post.  There is a difference between right and correct.  The correct action is not always right and the right action is not always correct.