Hughesnet Community

speed has went from really good to really like dial up. What is going on?! Was Hughes Net hacked also? I want my good internet back!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nmcculloch71
New Poster

speed has went from really good to really like dial up. What is going on?! Was Hughes Net hacked also? I want my good internet back!!

I have been very pleased with Hughes Net up until the past 2-3 weeks. I keep getting error messages "something went wrong" or "error loading page". I am becoming very frustrated! Also, the speed has went from really good to really almost like dial up. What is going on?! Was Hughes Net hacked also? I want my good internet back!!
6 REPLIES 6
Amanda

Hi nmcculloch71

Welcome to our community! Really sorry to hear you're having issues. It does sound like you exceeded your monthly data allowance and are now experiencing the throttled speeds. Do you have the HughesNet status meter installed to check your data allowance? 

Thanks
Amanda
nmcculloch71
New Poster

Hi Amanda, I checked this morning & it does look like I have run out of data allowance. I really don't see how I have run out! I have a total of 10 gigs available to me - yes?  I do not watch utube, netflix or movies or stream anything; and I usually unplug during the day while I'm gone (5  days a week). What is happening to my data?
nmcculloch71
New Poster

Exactly when did I run out of data? 
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Do you have Windows 10?
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

nmcculloch71,

Do you have a satellite TV receiver connected to the service? 

Amanda

Hi nmcculloch71,

I don't think I can actually see when you ran out of data, but I do recommend installing the Status Meter if you haven't already. If you are not streaming or anything, it would help to know what kind of activities you do on the internet and how many devices you have connected usually. I hope we can track this down!

Amanda