cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

speedtest trying to share results

New Poster

Re: speedtest trying to share results

http://testmy.net/quickstats/mark%20shaver     -- to answer your question yes i would very if you guys could solve this problem...
Assistant Professor

Oh my gosh Mark, don't run test at 200 MB, all you need to run is the 12 MB manual test.
Distinguished Professor III

Mark, if you can, try to take a picture of your computer screen when your proper results are up.  Use the "snipping tool" under "windows accessories".  I'll give you an example of I want so we can bring up your testmy.net page, as obviously that link is for some other Mark Shaver, as I'm sure those aren't your results.  LOL.  The most important part is the top so we can see the URL of your results page.  Like this....

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

is this what your are looking for?? as you can see the smaller the files the faster the speed(1MB/s) larger files slower speeds..... chuckling this site(testmy.net) can sooooo be mis-leading..
New Poster

Good morning Mark,

Thanks for the link. As Gabe noted, the tests must be run at the 12MB test file. That file size is recommended by our engineers, as it provides the most accurate evaluation. Here are illustrated steps to show you how to do that: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/cant-use-the-hughesnet-speedtest-guide-for-testmy...

Looking forward to your speedy reply.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

New Poster

todays morning snipit--
New Poster

morning snip it-- hope it helps--

Good morning Mark, 

Thank you for this update. I see in your results page, however, that only one test was run using the 12 MB test file. If engineering had to be involved, they would disregard everything else because they weren't run using the 12 MB file.

If I only went by your sole test run on the 12 MB file, I would say your speeds exceed what's offered by your Connect Pro plan.

I suggest running a batch of three tests, spaced 5 min apart, around the time you are normally experiencing slow speeds so we can evaluate your system's performance. I have no issue with escalating your case to our engineers if you aren't getting the appropriate speeds.

Most important points:-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem
-use the 12MB test file
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Would suggest you also install ad blocker plugins on your browsers. Those pics you posted show lots of stuff that would be blocked and save your data, plus pages will load quicker.