Did you mean: 

speedtest trying to share results

New Poster

Re: speedtest trying to share results

Soooooo whats next folks???

Good morning Mark,

Not sure if you missed my earlier message, but here it is:

While I was speaking to the engineer, he did check your site and ran his own tests and found your site to have normal speeds.

So let's step back and figure out the issue. Are you noticing websites in general loading slowly for you? If so, which websites?

Some good ones to test are:
purple.com - this should load fairly quickly, as it only shows a purple screen.
yahoo.com - this has more content than purple.com, so it should take slightly more time to load

I just want to know what initially prompted you to start this thread.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Distinguished Professor III

Mark,

After speaking with someone on the post you started on the tsetmy.net forums, he/she suggested deleting the results from your results page.  He/she suggested it may be a caching problem. 

Before you do any of the following, because it will clear all of your results that you have up to this point, you may want to save what you have now by taking a picture of it.  Judging by what you've posted, you already know how to do this.  You can change the last option to "Show Max" before saving the picture so you can save all that you have already done. 

Let me stress that I can't guarantee that this will work in fixing the problem, so it's up to you whether you want to clear your results up to now.  When they are deleted, they are gone for good.  Again, it's up to you whether to try this or not. 

If you want to try it, do the following... 

When you go to your results page, change the last option to "Show Max", if you haven't already done so.  When I changed it to "Show Max" it showed me 121 results.

Then tick the open box to the left of the red X, which should fill all of the boxes with a check mark.

Then click on the red X...

This should clear out ALL of your results.  You can then try a test again, using the 12MB manual test size, and see if it gives you a correct result instead of a skewed one like you had been getting. 

Again, I can't guarantee that this will work, as it's only a suggestion.  One thing is for sure, though, and that is that you aren't actually getting the 500MB+ speeds that the results have been showing. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
New Poster

o/ morning all well the testmynet.  still doesn't seem to be running right--trying to test at 12MB as you can see from my results the issue is still there,, next o/ Liz.. if the engineers say there is no problem with the speed issue's and all is well..then the only conclusion is our current plan (5down/1up)is insufficient to meet our needs the the constant buffering is just crazy /data files taking why to long ...  anyways keep hearing about the the new gen4 with 10down/1up plans for the last 3yr's --- soooooo when will see these plan in our area??  o7 mark..

Good morning Mark,

I'm inclined to agree with you there, that perhaps your current plan isn't enough to meet your needs. Our new satellite will be launching this year and maybe you will have better plans available to you then. I don't have any other information I can share yet, but once I do, I'll let you know.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

New Poster

o/ Liz.. for giggles we been monitoring system status we saw that the turbopage would go out after a few minutes would reset -not alot but ever so often , don't know if this means anything... soooo don't be a stranger drop us a note every now and then.. o7 mark..

Sure thing Mark. As soon as I can share some useful news for you regarding new plans, I'll bump this thread or whatever you have open so you can know. Smiley Happy

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Highlighted
New Poster

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Ongoing speed issues....

Goodmorning Liz. since our last communication I downloaded desktop gadget called Bit monitor to track download data(uploaded data) and track speed performance as well in both directions...hope this helps

That's pretty cool, Mark!

Thanks,
Liz

New Poster

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled Just an update-slow speeds.

Using bitmonitor tracking data transfer speeds in both directions.. things are getting even slower it now takes between 3-5 min's just load facebook/hughes email/youtube videos even longer... current plan is 5MB down/1MB up -- sooo been using cell data/speeds to access --this costing soo much- it won't belong before cellular packages becomes a viable option...however trying to archive  over 8yrs information is not my idea of having fun...please help!!!...