sso login loop

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
redneckmother
Freshman

sso login loop

Interesting problem... obviously, I'm able to log in and post here, but if I try to access my account details, I'm stuck in a loop of the following sites:

https://hughesnet.skylogin.com/idp/profile/SAML2/Redirect/SSO
https://sso.hughesnet.com/
http://my.hughesnet.com/login/log_in.pyt

I've tried clearing cookies, etc.

Thank you

42 REPLIES 42

Gracias.

Good morning Jezra,

Your HughesNet e-mail is your SSO ID, so we cannot change it or else it will break the login process.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Good morning redneckmother,

I just checked the status of your escalated case and there are no substantial updates, only that another internal team has been assigned to the case.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

@Liz;

"I just checked the status of your escalated case and there are no substantial updates, only that another internal team has been assigned to the case."

Since the update from the 7000 to the HN9000, I always suspected a discrepancy in my account info.

Thanks for the update!

Thank you redneckmother, I've included that note as part of my original escalation to our engineers. There was supposed to be a meeting between two teams this afternoon regarding an issue related to your account. I have yet to receive an update on the outcome of that meeting, but once I do have news to share, I'll post back.

Hi redneckmother,

Progress! I was informed that an error we've been investigating that may be related to your support center woes is going to be addressed in the next 5 days or so. I was told the fix may roll out this Friday or next Tuesday. I'll follow up with the team next week to confirm the rollout, then check with you to see if you're able to access your account information in the Support Center. 

@Liz

I know you're busy, but do we have an ETA?

Gracias.

Good morning,

Another update needs to be rolled out before the one to address this error we're working on is rolled out. The initial rollout should have happened by now, so the next one is slated for release sometime next week. Once I get any other news, I'll let you know.

Good morning redneckmother,

Thank you for your patience as we continue working to address your concerns. We rolled out an update to address a persistent error in the Support Center, but we were getting feedback that the update did not resolve the error. The engineers are still currently investigating. Once there's any news to share, we'll post back.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thank you, for the update 🙂

Update:

Am now on Gen5 / HT2000W.

It's been 3 months, any progress?

Hi redneckmother,

Thank you for checking in with us. The original ticket submitted for this issue is still in progress, but we working to have another team try to create a workaround in the meantime. I'm trying to gather support from upper management to get faster movement on this and am submitting a report on this today. I'll let you know once I get any updates.

Hi redneckmother,

No update on the original ticket to address the error. I've submitted a new ticket to see if a workaround can be implemented in the interim. I'll post back once I have any updates to share.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

I understand that logins other than the HughesNet e-mail address may be used for SSO, however in our community database, the SSO ID is locked to one's HughesNet e-mail address. We use that community SSO ID to connect to the rest of the Support Center  If our SSO ID changes, this will cause problems with login/account behavior in the rest of the support center, and our engineers don't want that so community e-mails stay as they are. I understand folks would want to use their preferred e-mail address to receive community notifications, and I apologize for the inconvenience this whole thing causes. We suggest forwarding your HughesNet e-mail to your preferred e-mail address if you wish to see your community notifications there.

-Liz

Hi Jezra,

As a rule, all community members have to be associated with their HughesNet e-mail address. I apologize for the inconvenience this may cause.

Hello all,

We're being told by engineering that a release is planned for next week to address this. We'll be keeping our ears open on how this goes. After Wednesday next week, please let us now if you see any changes.

No change - still loops.

Hi redneckmother,

Thank you for this update. Our engineers will continue to work on addressing this. In the meantime, please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Hi redneckmother,

An adjustment was made to address an error within the support center. Are you able to log in and view your information now? If that doesn't work, try creating a new account and let me know if you're able to get in with that and successfully view your account info. I'd like to know if going directly to My Account (without logging into the community first) works.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Going directly to MyAccount still loops with this account.

Will attempt a new account later.

I already have unused email address(es?) that I'd like to delete (no password available).

Thank you.

Good morning redneckmother,

Thank you for checking. You can PM me the accounts you want to delete so I can set a password you can use to get in and manage/delete them.