cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

status meter not accurate

status meter not accurate

I have been using Hughes for 9 days now and can't find how much data I've used. I downloaded the status meter but it continues to say 100% still available. I know that is not correct. When I go to the support page and look at usage, it still doesn't register what I have used. How can I tell how much data I have actually used?
9 REPLIES 9
Advanced Tutor

Re: status meter not accurate

You're probably still in "the Honeymoon period" where HughesNet is resetting your data every night. They will do this as a courtesy for the first week to 10 days to allow all your computers, tablets and smart phones to download updates.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com

"best" part of the honeymoon stage is theres nothing that tells you how many days exactly you have so watch closely... one day it'll stop resetting.. and NO ONE knows the answer. its a guess. been here done that
Assistant Professor

Like Alan said. And keep watching it closely because it will start deducting usage very soon based on the time you say you've had it.

Thank you very much for your reply
Highlighted

Thank you so much!
Assistant Professor

I think it depends what kind of mood the engineer is in when he/she plugs your info into the system. 
Pretty sure I've seen posts where it was as short as 4 days.
Alum

D Clark,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the community! As Alan mentioned above, there is a grace period during the first week or so, that no data will be recorded.

Just make sure you verify with your status monitor daily as it will start to show actual data usage momentarily.  Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

- Warren

Well, I am on day 14 and was just told by a hughesnet rep that it would be for 30 days! This is not what I wanted. I want to know if this service is what I indeed need or not. NO ONE ever told me this would be happening. They said make sure I love it. How can I know that if they don't let me see the product in full? This seems like a con job in my honest opinion. We are still discussing whether we should keep it since no one will fix the problem. Also, finally had the FIRST person tell me that the plan three others said would be perfect for us would not suit our needs. Major training and education should be done. Also, one rep before this latest one said it was a grace period for Microsoft updates and my meter would stop resetting on July 23 so that I could see my usage the rest of the month. Hmmm. Wondering who I can actually trust now in this company.

Hi sisdsg,

I've created a new thread to focus on addressing your concerns.

-Liz

Please reference the new conversation here: I want to know if this service is what I indeed need or not.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->