cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

this service stinks

this service stinks

This produce / Service Stinks..... I can not use it. 
I can not get anything to work. I even purchased a new computer thinking it was my fault.  THIS IS ALL HUGHES NET!  I have been dealing with it for a year. The "night tech"  is so hard to understand it makes things worse.  I have paid for better and faster service. Nothing changed.  I just called to see what I could do to stop service.  230.00 to cancel and I have to pay 100.00 for a tech to get on the roof to take the dish down.   
ARE YOU KIDDING ME!       They can clearly see that NOTHING has been used on the account you would think that they would give a person a break.  I am beginning to think this is how they make their money.       What a RACKET! 
NOT HAPPY AT ALL!!!!!    I gave up calling in because I cant understand anyone on the other end of the phone.  What the heck.   Damned if I do, Damned if I dont.  It still means I get to pay almost 350.to get out of it.
5 REPLIES 5
Honorary Alumnus

Re: this service stinks

Sadly "stinks" doesn't really give us much to go on.

It would help if you could provide the following info:

# The serial number from the sticker on the rear/bottom of your modem so as to help the Mods ID your account details.

# The type of modem you have: (HN7000s, HN9000, HT1000/1100)

# Your service plan level:

# If you are connected directly to the modem with a single computer or through a router ?

# If through a router are you connected wired or wireless ?

# What operating system are you using ?

# Please give some details as to the type of issue(s) you are having

Post screenshots of any errors but please omit any personally identifiable info such as SAN, email address or phone number.

Assistant Professor

Sadly, one more who has gone off the cliff of frustration before coming here, I hope she responds to your questions Gwalk.

Cheryl, will be Monday morning before the Official Reps are back but the Champions and some of us other customers can try to help over the weekend if you want it. 
Honorary Alumnus

sgoshe,

I agree ...

If this is a case of "this ain't cable" our hands are tied. On the other hand there are a number of things that could:

A: Be Broke (and we can help at least guide on that)

B: Be misunderstood (and we can help in getting the best out of what is there)

Good morning Cheryl,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We'd like to address your concerns so I pulled up your account. We'll run remote diagnostics on your site to check if there is anything wrong with the HughesNet equipment and their connection to the satellite.

In the meantime, please describe in detail what you're experiencing so we may better assist you.

Looking forward to hearing back so we can work together to address your concerns.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi Cheryl,

It's been a week and no reply from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->