Hughesnet Community

tried to install new HT1100 modem.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stacey M. Deckw

tried to install new HT1100 modem.

tried to install new HT1100 modem. No system light illuminated and after waiting for 1 1/2 hrs for the internet i gave up and re-connected my old one. In five minutes time back up and running. why? Oh not to mention that when i called the hotline they said they couldnt speak to me they needed to speak to my wife. she is on the account. REALLY? I'm the one who makes the money to pay the bill. my wife is a stay at home mom. other than the hour i spent on the phone last week and the hour my wife spent on the phone a couple of days ago i guess i have to waste more of my time trying to figure out why I'm not getting a service that i already paid for.
14 REPLIES 14
Chris11
Alum

Hi Stacey,

Thank you for posting. I was able to pull up your account using the information in your profile. I see that you called in today but were unavailable to troubleshoot with the technician? You will need to call in for them to determine if something is wrong with the replacement modem. Then they will send you another one. If you would like to add yourself to the account all your wife needs to do is authorize this with a customer service agent. We cannot send out a tech until we confirm that one is needed. With some direction(unless the modem is actually defective) they should be able to help you activate the modem. Let us know once your are able to call back in to our support center. If they inform you that a tech does need to be dispatched, we can arrange for this at no extra cost to you. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we help to address your concerns. 

Thank you,
Chris
Ezra Deckwa

This seems to be somewhat misleading, considering the instructions for the modem insinuate plug and play abilities. It even specifies the modem should work providing the 30 day registration period hasn't expired. And as far as the technician is concerned I find it highly unlikely that if the internals of the modem haven't changed, other than the addition of a USB port, that it would require a realignment of my dish. My old modem works just fine except that it has a short somewhere. Can't even bump it slightly without it completely going off. If the only option for me is to pay more money for someone to come out here and fix something that isn't broken then I guess I'll just be shipping the dumb modem back.
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Ezra, typically you still have to input the GPS cordinates on the Install page (this automatically selects the beam in my experience).  Gateways are decided at the NOC level.  
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I didn't have to, got lucky I guess. Wonder if sometimes they input it before shipping it out and other times they miss it.
Carolyn Telford

Also having issues...ugh
Mordacious

Carolyn

put your HT1000 back in and on Monday the Official Reps can set up a service call. Sometimes I think they forget to program the modems.

You might be better off starting your own thread so they don't miss you. It gets confusing when things are mixed in with other OP posts.
Carolyn Telford

Thanks for the suggestion! I did put my ht1000 back up, wishing there was a way I could program it myself...lol
Mordacious

I went through the same thing with my HT1100. Once the installers got it up and running I've been a happy camper ever since. I love it.
chester.gingric

Having a rep come out is great - except that they told me it would be $120 for the rep to come out!  I guess I will just stick to the old HT1000 for now.
Mordacious

This is not your fault, Chris will arrange to have the installer come out and do the install, no charge. The modem is supposed to be ready to go, this is on Hughesnet.

Keep the HT1000 hooked up for now
Carolyn Telford

I had issues the first time I tried to hook it up, got frustrated and just put it up for the night. Got it out the next day to try it again, and it hooked right up! I don't know if we just had bad signal the night before or what.. But all is free, so there was nothing to lose!
Mordacious

Glad to hear all is well. Hope you like the new HT1100.
Chris11
Alum

Glad to hear this as well.