trouble streaming since upgrade to Gen 5

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbolebuddy
New Poster

trouble streaming since upgrade to Gen 5

I recently had to start learning to stream because Directv got rid of the channel I watched motocycle racing on and streaming is the only way to watch it now.  When I had Gen 4 I used a Chromecast and it streamed beautifully until my data ran out......so I call Hughes net to see if I just needed to go up on my plan.  They talked me into upgrading to Gen 5, well, now the streaming is awful!  Last week's race was so pixelated it wasn't worth watching!  Any suggestions?  I really miss my Motogp and World SBK races.

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Have you tried turning off the Video Data Saver?

I find that Chromecast works less well with Gen 5 than it did with Gen 4, especially during times of congestion.  I have better luck connecting a laptop to the TV with an HDMI cable.

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

you may need to ask tech support if your using or not using fuctions of the gen 5 modem. if more issuse rise some apps dont work with sreaming on some isp.each isp has deffrient software protocals or the isp's software may act off.like how google sreach engine is fine but you will run in to web pages that mozilla firefox runs better and so on.bests to leave gen5 modem as first gottenn.in case you make a simple problem deeper test your modem. and ask or sreach before resarting.