cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unappreciated loyal customer

unappreciated loyal customer

I've had Hughesnet for over 5 yrs, and almost never used my daily allowance, now, all of a sudden, In an hour, all my data is used! Nothing has changed, I have checked everything, I believe Hughesnet is trying to force it's customers to upgrade! Guess they don't appreciate good customers. Thanks, will be finding a new ISP.
15 REPLIES 15

Re: unappreciated loyal customer

Pamela, you do have a problem, please post a case no or your ESN ---serial no. either on back or bottom of your modem  no phone address , nor SAN no, please as they are your security . Hughes-Net comes in at 9  till 5  EST and as you no data they our Hughes-Net will help you and try to figure all this out ,    it's but you may not wish for help , thats you option  but i'm just another paying customer as yourself , but in here we as a whole do care and offer help if you wish it !!!
Assistant Professor

Pamela, what does the usage graph show at http://my.hughesnet.com for the hour you lost data?
You have other ISP options other than satellite?
Ten year customer myself. Only other option I have is 4G which costs even more than satellite for 20GB or more data.
Highlighted

Evening sgoshe !!!!
Assistant Professor

Evening Christopher.

the usage graph shows that sometimes the download is at 4am, I am not even out of bed that early, and I am not close to any neighbors to use my wi fi....I shut my laptop off every night.

Pamela , some times your computer down loads at night , updating your computer and not saying nothing is wrong , in saying this but do not know how much DATA was used , and you still need to post your case no, or ESN--serial number on the back or bottom of your modem as for Hughes-Net REPs can located and address your concerns  , just trying to give you help is all, have a good day and they'll figure it out !!!  also some downloads in updating are larger than others !!!! but it really seems you do have a problem , though !!!!!!!!
Assistant Professor

Christopher, she did say her laptop was off. Still doesn't rule out the router, some have been known to eat data.

you are really right in that as you know strange things are known to be the culprit !!!  you know smart tv's, refrigerators and etc. and routers are never to be ruled out ever !!!! and she said it was turned off  but you know in unless the total drainage of her computer , isn't it still active as in towers -desktop models ? !!! just curious  ?  in this sgoshe !!!!

Hi Pamela,

Thank you for posting. As a long time subscriber, we certainly appreciate you and would like to address your concerns. Please post your modem's serial number or a case number so we may pull up your account. 

Let's start by isolating the HughesNet modem to see if that is the source of the unidentified data usage. Please follow the illustrated steps below:

Please take care in cropping out your SAN while taking the screenshots.

Keep in mind there are countless factors that can use your data:

- more devices are capable of connecting to the internet: phones, tablets, gaming consoles, SmartTVs, and even refrigerators can connect wirelessly to the internet. Keep track of what devices you leave running on Wi-Fi.

- automatic-updates: your computer and any other programs you use will often keep working in the background, even if you're not actively using that program, in order to keep your system/program up-to-date. Anti-virus programs will periodically use your internet connection to check back with their malware database for any updates. You should have an option to turn off auto-updates and/or schedule them for a later time.

- multimedia content: Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, news sites, and other websites will contain videos, animated gifs, and sound clips that may start playing as soon as you land on the site. So much content, so easily available almost everywhere on the internet. For starters, try disabling auto-play video on Facebook: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/how_to_disable_autoplay_videos_on_facebook
or adjusting your Netflix playback quality to SD: https://help.netflix.com/en/node/87

- more data sources can be found here, as posted by a fellow community member: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/data-usage-sources-common-and-not-so-common

Your cooperation and patience are greatly appreciated. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.