cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unlimited gigabytes

unlimited gigabytes

I ordered hughes net high speed three weeks ago. I asked the customer rep about my speeds and was told it was unlimited. I made sure to ask because I have three kids who steam Netflix and do online gamming. Now today my service was interuped because of gigabytes used. technical support got me going again but was told that I was limited. I was issued a free gig token but that is useless for gaming or streaming. How come I was told one thing by the rep then something else by another tech. If its not unlimited I can go back to windstream and everything will work fine for a few dollars more a month. So my question being does hughes net offer a unlimited high speed plan.
2 REPLIES 2

Re: unlimited gigabytes

Good morning ttucker1975,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We'd like to get to the bottom of this if the sales rep led you on and implied that we provided unlimited data, because that is incorrect. We have a monthly data allowance and that should have been disclosed to you during your sales call. I've pulled up your account and will request your sales call be reviewed. I'll let you know once I hear back. 

Since you are still within your first 30 days of service, you may still cancel without the Early Termination Fee. You can call in to cancel at 866.347.3292.

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Re: unlimited gigabytes

Good morning ttucker1975,

The sales call review indicates that the sales rep informed your wife of the monthly data allowance shortly before she handed the phone to you:

I do recommend our Prime package, it has a 10 Mbps download with a 1 Mbps upload, and it has 10 GB Anytime Data. If you go over we do not charge you for extra, we do not interrupt your service. I am also able to throw in there 50 additional gigabytes of Bonus Bytes that are available between 2 am and 8 am.

As I've mentioned before, if you need unlimited data and have an alternate ISP available in your area, I highly suggest canceling now while you're within your first 30 days of service to avoid the Early Termination Fee. You can call in to cancel at 866.347.3292.

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.