Hughesnet Community

upgrade - was a waste of money!!!!!!!!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pennyhutt66

upgrade - was a waste of money!!!!!!!!!!

I got a upgrade and I still have circles , and don't get to see a video that someone sends me,nor hear a child sing a song,because it goes round and round and this has been continuing non-stop. I put up with this since 2012 and it hasn't stop. And I get a up - grade done and it still does it . It was a waste of my money. And don't ask me if I want to buy any tokens.That is more waste of my money.i should last from the very beginning , all the way through the very end of the month!!!!!!! I even got 50 mag bites/50. And I don't get to enjoy my time on my tablet,because it runs slow or out of mag bits 50/50 or it keeps buffen,going in circles , for what ever the reason is. I get on it to look at something and here we go round and around . I'm completely not happy . I have paid way to high for your pricey,with little value you give back. Please.....close my account . I'm so.....done. this is so,...last year.
12 REPLIES 12
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Have you used all your available data allowance?  To see if you have any data allowance remaining for the month, please visit http://192.168.0.1 in your web-browser.
sarah leach
New Poster

it could be that you don't have enough memory on the device to handle the movie or what every you are downloading to the device. or the processor may not be fast enough to handle the load
Alan Thompson

You're using a wireless router. If you're at all interested in trying to troubleshoot and fix this problem then first connect one wired computer directly to the HughesNet modem to completely bypass your wireless router and see if you still have these problems.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

If you're going through 50 GB of Anytime plus Bonus data then you're doing way too much streaming for satellite. It is limited like cell phone service, have to monitor and manage usage.
Certified Train

Sounds like you just upgraded to the Ultra Plan on the Gen4 platform.  A couple of things to check.  First, make sure the model number printed on the top of the front facing of your modem says "HT1100".  If it says "HT1000", you need to contact customer service to have them ship you the HT1100 modem.  This version is much better performing.  Second, you obviously have a wireless router connected to the modem.  You need to access your router's interface to see if it has a firmware upgrade available.  Often, the wireless router manufacturers, like Netgear, will have firmware upgrades that fix bug issues to make their routers perform at optimal levels.  When these upgrades are not downloaded into the router, often times it can cause the exact issues you are experiencing.  The Ultra Plan (assuming you have 'anytime' data available) usually downloads around 20Mbps which is plenty fast for streaming all video content, even high-definition content.  I recommend you check these couple of things out before exploring anything else.  If any of these issues do not resolvethe problem, you may have an installation related issue (i.e. dish out of alignment) that would require a field technician to come to your home to resolve.

Amanda

Good morning pennyhutt66,

It sounds like you have exceeded your data allowance and are now experiencing slow speeds because of it. We'd like to help figure out what might be using up your data and how to solve this problem. Can you let us know a little more about what kind of things you do online? Do you watch movies, tv, video clips or listen to audio clips? Knowing more will help us create a plan of action to get your concerns resolved.

Thank you
Amanda
Chris11
Alum

Hello pennyhutt,

After some more investigating I see that you do currently have data allowance available. So to better understand what you are experiencing please plug one computer directly to the HugehsNet modem and run some speed tests for us to evaluate. Head over to www.testmy.net, use 12 MB as the test size. Run a few batches of tests 5 minutes apart throughout the day and post your results. With this we'll be able to better assist you. Hope to hear form you soon!

Thank you,
Chris
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

pennyhutt66,

When going to www.testmy.net and performing the tests there as Chris requested, it would be a good idea to create an account there and do the tests while signed in to that account.  By doing this it will keep track of all of the tests performed by you and will have those results handy and in one place.  You can then post a screenshot of the tests, or even better, the URL of your test results.  The URL of your results doesn't show any personal information, just the results of the tests.  It will look like this....

http://testmy.net/quickstats/Gabe1972

GabeU

CORROSIVE,

I was looking for that earlier but I couldn't find it.  I'll add it to my favorites so I'm able to steer people to that in the future.  I hope pennyhutt66 sees it.   

Thanks for creating it. 
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Sure wish they'd update the site so some of this stuff could be stickies or at least easier to find. 
GabeU

BirdDog,

That's a really good idea.  I hope they take note of this.