cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uplink errors and more

Sophomore

uplink errors and more

Having quite some connection troubles lately.  I already have a scheduled maintanance for an upgrade, but that isn't for another week.  So if there is anything to be done before then, that'd be great.  Let me know if you need any other info.

image.png

17 REPLIES 17

Re: uplink errors and more

Good morning sozoridge,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! Over the weekend, it looks like there was a brief outage out of your gateway in Missoula, MT which may have caused uplink errors. Are you still having a difficult time browsing now? Does power cycling the HughesNet modem make a difference?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sophomore

Hi @Liz,

Thanks for the reply.  Yes the uplink problems persist.  I've powered cycled the modem. It does not make any difference.  This issue remains and connectivity is very poor.

image.pngimage.png

image.png

Good morning sozoridge,

Thank you for checking and providing this screenshot. I ran diagnostics again on your site and I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary. However, I do see you had a router connected. For testing purposes, can you take out the router and have your computer directly connected to the HughesNet modem? Please let me know if you see any difference after eliminating the router.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Sophomore

@Liz

I've tried different network configurations, including direct connection, in order to isolate the issue before posting here.  I'm currently directly connected for the last hour, and while this past hour hasn't been one of the worst ones, it still has resulted in uplink and DNS acceleration [N] errors.  Browsing is still choppy, and in order to stress test, I've been attempting to stream an amazon video at lowest bandwidth during this time, and it continually buffers - even though that itself is about the best it ever gets lately.

So, the issue still remains, regardless of my network configuration.  Please let me know if there is anything else you need from my side before you can dig into it from your end.  Thanks!

Sophomore

And the repeated problem just occurred again, dropping the gateway association.  The observed behavior is something like:

1. can't load any website.

2. go to modem 'system status', shows red, and "IP Gateway Association State" is trying to reassociate.

3. modem LAN connection is dropped

4. LAN connection is restored, and everything is "good" again.

Highlighted
Sophomore

@Liz, dropped connections and slow response times all day long, associated with uplink, association, and rtt errors.  I hope you can get this ongoing issue addressed.  Thanks!

Good morning sozoridge,

Thank you for all this helpful info. I just ran diagnostics again, and currently (10:20 am ET) there seems to be no communication to your site. Did you disconnect power to the HughesNet modem?

Thanks,
Liz

Sophomore

@Liz

The modem has been on all night, and checking the logs, it did not power cycle at all.

image.png

Sophomore

@Liz

I'm hoping that I don't have to wait 24 hours for your next action on this.  It seems your replies are only during morning hours here.  Can we close the gap somehow?  As when it blocks on a simple question like "did you turn off the modem", with no further apparent action taken, it doesn't seem we are driving to a resolution.  Thanks.