Hughesnet Community

upload 8 pics/lost 64% of data allowance.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dutchdog

upload 8 pics/lost 64% of data allowance.

i uploaded 8 photos to Facebook, in a new album format.   i watched my data rundown before my eyes.   I began the task having 88% and watched it decline to what is now 24%.   EIGHT PHOTOS!  Uploading.   The only other thing we've done is take in emails.   
Pathetic pittance of usage which almost totally drained us for the day.   

Being at the mercy of Hughes.net is not at all pleasant.   We pay too much money for a service that doesn't serve.
4 REPLIES 4
Liz

Hi dutchdog,

Thanks for posting. I see you're on one of our legacy plans with a max of 750 MB of data allowance a day. If you plug in your address here, http://www.hughesnet.com/, you'll find plans that offer you 5-10 GB that cost less than your current plan's monthly fee. So that you can get significantly more data for the price you're paying, you just have to upgrade to Gen 4.

Here are some other things to consider:

Your current plan offers up to 1.2 Mbps in download speeds. Our lowest Gen 4 plan in your area start at download speeds up to 5 Mbps. 

Your current plan has a max daily allowance of 750 MB. Our lowest Gen 4 plan gives you 5 GB of Anytime Bytes and an additional 50 GB of Bonus Bytes to use between 2 am - 8 am, perfect for scheduling software/device updates. For the whole month, you have 55000 MB; you're not restricted to a daily allowance.

I highly suggest calling in (866.347.3292) to inquire more about upgrading to Gen 4 so you can get more for what you're paying.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I was thinking the same thing. The OP simply needs to understand and manage daily allowance better IMO. Those must have been some pretty high definition pictures.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

dutchdog, are you sure that something didn't happen to be updating at the same time?  Coincidental, sure, but possible.  Eight photos chewing through hundreds of megabytes is certainly odd, unless they were pics from the new Cannon Super Giganto Jumbo 500 megapixel Huge Immense By God Just Really Big digital camera.  LOL.   

Also, do you have Facebook set to not play vids automatically?  Something could have been playing during this time.  Just throwing out ideas.