cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upload speeds

upload speeds

I have went to mytest.net and tested my upload speeds and I'm getting 6 KPS this is unacceptable. have sat on the phone with hugesnet representitives for over 2 hours  doing all the tests they ask me and setting the settings to their requests. still getting 6 kps upload , Ill be supprised if this will even get posted to the page. I am not throttled and I have the best package available from hugesnet. My daughter uses a different ISP at the other end of the house shes throttled and in the middle of a download and still gets better upload speeds then I do. Both of us are on satellite isp's. Whats up with this?
17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted

Re: upload speeds

yes I'm connected straight thru the modem, no router. now its 6 am and I'm getting 35 kbs. Not sure I want to post that info about my modem at this time.
Assistant Professor

There is nothing wrong with posting the serial number of your modem here. Helps the official representative find you in the system, others can't do anything with it.

b3 0010147682 aa

hooked up my router speeds still diminished its not a wireless router I'm hard wired totally, router is less then a month old.
net gear fs105

11.45 am 16 kps  results from mytest.net upload ...download rate seems ok but with no upload I can't stay connected to my games...this is a problem that started a little over a month ago ... before then was no problems ..I expect some lag I know how far the signal has to travel to and from so .5 to .8 of a sec of lag doesn't bother me. I pick games that don't require instant reaction times.

Good morning John,

Welcome and thanks for posting. We can certainly help, so I started by pulling your account to run remote diagnostics on your site. The purpose is to determine if there was anything wrong with the HughesNet equipment and their connection to the satellite, and everything checks out OK.

I have no issue escalating your case up to our engineers, but we will need speed test results to properly evaluate your system performance. 

For the tesymy.net testing, it would be best to create an account there so we can have single place to check all your results. Also, our engineers recommend using the 12MB test file size when running the speed tests to get the most accurate results. 

Here's an illustrated guide on how to run the testmy.net tests according to our engineers' requests:
https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/cant-use-the-hughesnet-speedtest-guide-for-testmy...

Once I have the testmy.net results to add, I can escalate your case. You should have a personalized results URL from testmy.net when you're done, it may look like http://testmy.net/quickstats/yourusername

I'll add some free tokens to your account for the data used to run the speed tests. 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Please note that since you speak of your upload speeds, please ensure you're running both upload and download speeds. What are you doing that's heavily dependent on upload speeds?

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

the upload speeds are horrible, so bad I cant stay connected to the game servers I was able to a few months ago. also 6 hours ago my account restarted and imediatly I'm down 11 gig of my bonus bytes. I was asleep nothing was using them. Like I said I don't have wireless and I know when my wife and I are using the computers..something is wrong..there is no way I used 11 gig in the last 6 hours, heck I cant even download something that fast if I wanted to.
the upload speeds  are so slow I lose the handshake with the gameing servers I'm playing...yes I realise  satellite isn't for gaming but I'm not playing games where I need immediate reaction times...but cant even play at 6am in the morning due to interuptions due to upload speeds. I'm srry but at 35 kbs (best ive seen) that's not even close to what you advertise, and its no where close enough for me to game with.....its pretty annoying when you cant even open webpages because you don't have enough upload speed for the web page server to recognize that I sent a request to see such page
As far as download I dont see a problem there so much, but because you requested it ill try and do the create a account  and run the tests you asked for. ty

ok went and did the test 2 times and after 13 mins the first time I got.....

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@testmy.net to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

And after the second try at 16 mins I got...

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator at webmaster@testmy.net to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

which tells me I don't have enough upload speed to even stay connected to their servers to run the test

I can run the test my upload speed its 6:58 am on dec 12th and I'm getting 29kbs but I cant seem to get a 12 mb upload to complete because of low upload speeds

my download speed was 2.4 mbs like I said its not the download speed that's broken its the upload speed

http://testmy.net/quickstats/oneeasygoingguy_2000