cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

upload speeds

Re: upload speeds

oh and if you notice these are off peak times due to I cant  even do this during peak times
Highlighted

Associate Professor

Honestly from the most recent test results I can see, your upload appears fine...  

What games are you trying to play that require more than 1Mbps in upload?  Because I can play quiet a few games and never see more than a fraction of that speed for upload.

NEVERWINTER, it seems that was a fluke test best one I've seen in over a month, we can monitor the ping rate while in the game and at times we are just barely fast enough to stay connected then along comes a 20 to 30 sec period of time where our ping will shoot up to 35000 and up then bam were disconnected.Im not asking for blazing speeds just a decent speed that's continuous. yes I realize weather will affect this but where I live we don't have that much bad weather. this  game worked fine until about 2 months ago when this problem started. and its not just one computer I have 4 different comps, 2 that are hardly used and get same results on all of them. that tells me its not on my end. I can be in the game and watch everyone else move about and interact normally that tells me my dl is ok  but I get stuck in place because I cant upload a new position I moved to in the game. Then I get disconnected from the games server. during peak times I cant even log into the game. And I have problems even surfing the net. I don't stream vidieos or music, have all of my background stuff turned off and yet there are still sites I cant load because the server the site is on don't recongnise me as a real request it considers my slow upload as static and ignores me. I was hoping hugesnet would find a way to fix this.Oh the 20 to 30 sec lapse in ping happens nearly once every 2 mins.

oh and no one else I know in the game has the same problem ive done all the things the games support members have asked as well as everything that hugesnet has asked,,,,same problem,,, the game support monitored my ping rates and told me it was my upload speeds and that my isp was the problem. and said I needed to contact hugesnet, which I did and am now doing. I guess the biggest thing is ...my daughter is on the other end of my house with a different satellite company and she don't have any issues, if I take my comp into her room and hook it up I don't have any issues. If this continues I'm afraid ill have to switch isp's the thing is I like the plan I have with hugesnet and the other company  wont sell me one as large as hugesnet will.

Hi John,

Thanks for your results link. From what I see, I'm only seeing one test done with the 12 MB file (last in the list):

I would need a bit more to send up to engineering. Also, as Charles noted, 1.96 Mbps in upload speeds is pretty good; 2 Mbps is highest we offer.

So whenever you feel the upload speeds are slow, run an upload test using the 12 MB file, then do at least two other tests, spaced 5-10 min apart so that we get a clearer picture of your system's performance.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Assistant Professor

Testmy.net is showing HughesNet average upload speed of 747 Kbps right now. It is a dynamic number though based on the number of tests run and time of day, etc.. 

Good morning John,

It's been over a week since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->