cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use VPN is horrible

Highlighted
Freshman

use VPN is horrible

I am a fairly new customer, 3 months and vpn speeds are horrible.  So bad, we are unable to use it and we end up using a mifi cellular device, which btw kicks hughesnet speeds **bleep**.  I have called and the answer is always upgrade. So i upgraded to the highest level, 150 bucks per month, and again today, we are back on the cell service.  What a piece of **bleep** this is.  i was on hold this morning for 15 min and dropped off.  I called and got sales in less than 2 minutes.  lol   Time to get some legal help,  what a rip off.  I belive the dish will be by the road soon.

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: use VPN is horrible

@speessen

First, please refrain from the foul language as there is no need for it.  This is a public site.  Please do not violate the Community Guidelines or the Community Terms of Service.

Using a VPN with HughesNet is not recommended.  It can greatly affect the speed of the service.  

Can I Run a VPN over HughesNet?  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Freshman

gabeu, 

please send this article to the sales force, that is not what they are selling. smh

Highlighted

@speessen

If you were told during your sales call that VPNs work with HughesNet, and it's been less than 90 days since that call, you can request a review of the call.  If it is determined that you were misled during that call (the call reviews are very honest) you may have recourse in being able to cancel the service without the normally required ETF.   

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Freshman

Looks like sales is very dishonest if you have a "honest process" to evaluate.  smh.  i am evaluating my options.  

BTW, i thought my language was good compared to the problems we have.  lol

Highlighted
Freshman

how do i initiate this review? 

Highlighted

@speessen

You can ask for it here (in this same thread), explaining why you would like it reviewed, like if you specifically asked if VPNs worked and they told you they would or if you specifically stated that you used a VPN and they said it would work, or whatever was the case.  

Highlighted
Freshman

so the good news, i had them on speaker phone and another person heard the answer as yes.  we would not have had this installed if the answer was no.  We have a large dependency for vpn use for our work.  it will be interesting how honest this is, as i validated with the other person what transpired.

lets get the review going, focus on my cell number, as i spoke to several different sales representatives, focus in AZ and look for calls to my number.  Smiley Happy  

Highlighted

speessen,

I'll tag the reps so that they will be sure to see this thread and your request for the call review.  They're on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, but it may take them a day or two to reply.  

@Liz

@Amanda

Highlighted

Good morning speessen,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. The call review turnaround was very quick; we found that the sales rep did clearly and incorrectly say that using VPN would be OK. I do apologize for the rep misspeaking, as Gabe has already pointed out, satellite internet does not work well with VPN. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention so we can let that sales source know and improve our service to others.

Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.