cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

used all 15 gb for the month in 13 days. ????

beevee012
New Poster

Re: used all 15 gb for the month in 13 days. ????

Downloading upgrades to phones ate a lot of data. And yes a forth grader could probably pinpoint the device that is using the data as it is not hard to figure out. My point is, you cant run a home network stream videos etc and take care of updating other devices. Am I suppoed to go to a diner with free WiFi to do this. This system is a scam in my opionion. Should have known from my experience 5 years ago, my bad

beevee012
New Poster

Seems everyone is admitting to an extent that you cant use HN to do the needed things to keep a home network running. Very Limited on what you can use the Data for. so to upgrade your home computer you should take the thing to another internet site as it will zap most or alot of your internet allowance. Just cancelled today, to everyone, good luck!

beevee012
New Poster

Just used another .82g just typing on this forum. Unbelievable. this morning it said I used 3.79g then 4.96g and now 5.78g.

loucou0825
New Poster

I feel your pain. I am in the same boat. I used all 20GB in 4 days and I dont know why. It's just me and my husband and we don't play games or stream videos. We have 2 computers connected, a wireless printer and our cell phones. We work most of the day but yet our data is draining so fast. I am tempted to go back to the slow Cincinnati Bell Wifi because this will cost me a fortune at this rate. This is my 2nd month as a Hughes Net customer. I am checking the usage meter  daily but I have no clue where its going.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

You may want to install Glasswire on your computers, to see where the data is going.  It may be used on pages that run videos (such as CNN or Facebook, for example), or apps may be updating in the background, etc.  Glasswire will show where the data is going.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

@beevee012 wrote:

Downloading upgrades to phones ate a lot of data. And yes a forth grader could probably pinpoint the device that is using the data as it is not hard to figure out. My point is, you cant run a home network stream videos etc and take care of updating other devices. Am I suppoed to go to a diner with free WiFi to do this. This system is a scam in my opionion. Should have known from my experience 5 years ago, my bad

You're supposed to budget your data. Satellite internet is not unlimited; it requires some care from the user. Perhaps you need to consider upgrading the amount of data you get, or go with another provider, if one is available.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@loucou0825

Make sure your computers, if using Windows 10, aren't set up to be sharing updates.  That can use a ton of data.  Your phones can use a lot of data, especially if they are using the cloud.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro