cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very Slow speed

Liz

Re: very Slow speed

Good morning Harry,

Thank you for this valuable feedback, I've sent this over to engineering as well. I'll let you know once I have any updates or instructions for you.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Good morning Harry,

Thank you for your patience, I have not forgotten about you. I've followed up with our engineers regarding your case and last update. I'll post back once I have any news or instructions to share.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Hi Harry,

Just heard from engineering, they're concerned about the ASUS router you have connected to the HughesNet modem. While we can see that this ASUS is connected to the modem, we cannot see beyond that, like whether there are other devices connecting via this 3rd party router. 

When you ran the testmy.net speed tests, were they done with a computer/laptop directly connected to the HughesNet modem? If not, please ensure that the device on which you're running tests is the only device hooked up to the HughesNet modem. Engineering could use more current speed tests direct from a computer/laptop to the HughesNet modem.

Lastly, is there a particular device on which you're encountering speed issues? Again, if something is connecting via the ASUS' wifi network, we can't see it. 

What times of the day/night do you tend to encounter the speed issues? I know you said "the speed of my connection is fine when I'm not using it but pathetic during the times I actually want to use it", so can you please provide some time frames for the engineers to evaluate?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Liz

Good morning Harry,

Engineering would like to get in touch with you, are you available this afternoon for a call? If not, please let me know your availability.

Looking forward to hearing back.

Liz

Good morning Harry, 

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.