very poor download speeds

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CheyFarm
Freshman

very poor download speeds

Please assist us in resolving our ongoing issues (2+ years) of slow internet.

We originally purchased Gen4 over 2 years ago, and months of extremely slow internet, we were advised that Gen5 would solve our problems.

After several calls to technical support (each lasting hours), we're still getting extremely slow internet connectivity, the latest tests showing 380k download speed - a far cry from 25MB.

I'm hesitant to invest another several hours in a 'start from scratch' troubleshooting session with Tier 1 tech support when this has been reported numerous times, with no resolution in sight.

Please either work to resolve these issues permanently and expediently, or disconnect this service.

4 REPLIES 4
CheyFarm
Freshman

As a follow up, I have spent the past hour and a half with in chat with technical support, going through the same song and dance:

"How long does it take for google.com to load?"

"How long does it take for ESPN.com to load?"

"Please run 3 download tests at testmy.net" (all were under 130kb download speeds)

I further spent another two hours on the phone with tech support, who assured me that everything looked fine on 'their' end and I should be getting 10Mb dowload speeds. Alas, still under 130k.

Yet again, we're left waiting for engineering to call us back to 'resolve' the issues that we've had since installation. There have been 3 or 4 tech visits to the house, and at least a half dozen calls/chats with tech support.

Tech support, I'm holding up my end of the deal by paying the bill - can you guys get it together and provide the service we've been paying for?

I hope that prospective customer see the plethora of "slow internet complaints" in this forum, and elect to get their service anywhere but here.

Me to. I made a big mistake i think. This evening i cannot even complete the speed test on the hugesnet site. Im using my cell phone to get to this support site. And I'm locked into a 2 year contract..... aaarrrggghhh!

Me to. I made a big mistake i think. This evening i cannot even complete the speed test on the hugesnet site. Im using my cell phone to get to this support site. And I'm locked into a 2 year contract..... aaarrrggghhh!
CheyFarm
Freshman

As a follow up, I have spent the past hour and a half with in chat with technical support, going through the same song and dance:

"How long does it take for google.com to load?"

"How long does it take for ESPN.com to load?"

"Please run 3 download tests at testmy.net" (all were under 130kb download speeds)

I further spent another two hours on the phone with tech support, who assured me that everything looked fine on 'their' end and I should be getting 10Mb dowload speeds. Alas, still under 130k.

Yet again, we're left waiting for engineering to call us back to 'resolve' the issues that we've had since installation. There have been 3 or 4 tech visits to the house, and at least a half dozen calls/chats with tech support.

Tech support, I'm holding up my end of the deal by paying the bill - can you guys get it together and provide the service we've been paying for?

In posting this, I sincerely hope that prospective customer see the plethora of "slow internet complaints" in this forum, and elect to get their service anywhere but here.