Hughesnet Community

very poor service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
canamradio

very poor service

very slow speeds no where near what I am paying for this been going on since june 4th talked to agents. if it not resolved soon I will be cancelling my service and hughes net you have not provided the service you promised I have paid my bill every month so you Will NOT be getting any cancellation fees.
14 REPLIES 14
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

I would suggest that you post a case number from one of your support calls or the serial number of your modem (can be found on a sticker on rear/bottom of mode) so that the Hughes Mods can locate your account when they return to work on Monday.

Please do not post your SAN (starts with DSS) or email address.

In the meantime I suggest that you create an account at http://testmy.net/ and run a series of manual 12 MB tests.

Please do the tests with a single computer directly connected to the Hughes Modem so as to eliminate as many variables as possible.

Post a link to your saved data or screenshots of the results for the Mods to review.

All of the above will allow the Mods to run remote diagnostics on your system.

canamradio

I have several case numbers it been sent to the engineers twice I have 4 weeks worth of speed test your suggestions are all I have got out of hughes net and quite frankly I am tired of the sam old answer
canamradio

last case number is 54570271
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Hopefully your speed tests were done using Hughesnet's own test or through an account you opened at testmy.net.  These are the two tests that the reps accept as accurate, and both keep a record of the tests run.  The official reps will be able to see the record of the tests and make a determination on what to do.  As Gwalk900 stated, they will be back on tomorrow (Monday).

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Canamradio,
The Mods here are at the corporate level.
Give them a chance to review and respond.
canamradio

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled slow speeds.

been experiencing slow upload speeds mainly since june 4 talked to service many times getting tired of this service. if I soon don't recieve help I will be cancelling this
Amanda

Hello canamradio,

Thank you for your post and providing you case number. We will go ahead and look for your account with this and review your previous cases and notes. In the meantime, can you provide us some updated speed tests for our records?

You can run the test from http://testmy.net 
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem
-use the 12MB test file
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart
-post your results URL here, it may look something like
http://testmy.net/quickstats/[yourusername]

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Amanda

edit: I missed a step! Here is the guide on how to run the tests/make an account: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/cant-use-the-hughesnet-speedtest-guide-for-testmy...
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Also be sure to create a Testmy.net account so the URL works.  : )
Amanda

Did I forget a step? Sorry! No coffee yet.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Happy Monday morning all.
canamradio

I have tons of speed test with testmy.net I have done screen shots of them all. a lot of them have been done with your reps so if you read the notes it should be there. here are the results of my latest 3 test done june 27 at 7:06 pm est dl 3.31, 9.53, 7.85 mbps ul 275, 668, 397 kbps
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

canamradio,

Could you please give the results URL so the tests can be looked at?  That would surely help, and is quite important.  This will allow the pertinent aspects of the individual tests to be seen, in addition to the speed itself.  Each test includes more info than just speed.  The results URL doesn't give any personal information, just info regarding the test results.  Just click on the "Results" tab when signed in to testmy.net and copy and paste the URL into a post.  It will look like the following, and will help very much in determining what is happening...

http://testmy.net/quickstats/[yourusername]

Thanks. 

Liz

Good morning canamradio, 

As GabeU suggested, we'll need your testmy.net results URL to send to our engineers if needed.

Looking forward to hearing back.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hi canamradio,

It's been a long time since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!