cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very slow Gen 5 even after tier 4 inspection visit, modem replacement

Distinguished Professor IV

Re: very slow Gen 5 even after tier 4 inspection visit, modem replacement

@deserthaven

From your first post in this thread all you have succeeded in doing is disrupting with your complaints those who are actually trying to help Lee, and the process of doing so. 

For the last time, PLEASE STOP TROLLING.

If you want to complain about the service, the process of getting help, what Lee has been asked and told so far, your last attempt at getting help or whatever else you wish, please start your own topic and do so to your heart's content.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted

Good morning Lee,

I appreciate your patience while your case was evaluated by engineering. They are suggesting we send a tech to make adjustments to your dish to improve service. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Saturday, Jul 28, 2018 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM. Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #114107162 if you need to reschedule.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Freshman

Hughes sent the technician again (he did the inspection visit before) to move the dish and re-aim it from E17 to a different satellite, E19.  He knew after his first visit the equipment here and the view of E17 were fine, and he already knew there were too many customers using E17.  This time he moved the dish 8 feet to get a view of E19. So far that is definitely an improvement, see
https://testmy.net/quickstats/lee78 .  I still see the 163 Kbps at the bottom of the results which was typical of an E17 slow spell but those old results are scrolling away. The 25 MB download results after 4 PM Aug 2 are with my dish aimed at E19.

The  next 20 tests average 15.9 Mbps!

The slowest  was 4.9 Mbps, and 7 tests were below 10 Mbps. 3 were above 25 Mbps, max  42.4 Mbps.

Distinguished Professor IV

@Lee Bonnifield

Nice.  I'm glad you're seeing better speeds now.  They definitely are noticeable.  Smiley Happy  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Great update, Lee, thank you for sharing! If you have any other concerns, feel free to reach out again.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->