cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very slow and cant check speed on dashboard

Highlighted

very slow and cant check speed on dashboard

I can access my dashboard but have not been able to run any speed test and the speed is terrible most the time, plus the 10 g burns up in a day or so .. .very expensive and not very reliable take long time to for a page to load even FB. Any help on this?
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: very slow and cant check speed on dashboard

Good morning gbavey,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We would like to address your concerns so I pulled up your account. We'll run remote diagnostics on your site to 
check the HughesNet equipment and ability to communicate with the satellite. In the meantime, as Bill noted, if you can't run the HughesNet speed tests here http://consumer.performancetests.hughesnet.com then you may run them at testmy.net.

Please follow this guide to best run the testmy.net tests: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/cant-use-the-hughesnet-speedtest-guide-for-testmy...

Since you reported that speeds are generally slow all the time, please run a batch of tests in the morning, afternoon, and night so we can best evaluate your system performance. 3 tests spaced at least 5 min apart is required.

We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Highlighted

I'm also sending you some free tokens to compensate for the requested speed tests.

-Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.
Highlighted

Hi gbavey,

You're currently subject to our Fair Access Policy (FAP) meaning you've used up your monthly data allowance so we've reduced your speeds. Once you've used a free token to get out of FAP, please run the speed tests (the HughesNet speed tests should work for you at this point) so we can evaluate your speeds under normal conditions.

Thanks,
Liz
Highlighted
New Poster

It also looks like it's raining at your location. I highly recommend waiting to run the tests once you have clear weather.

Thanks,
Liz
Highlighted

Hi gbavey,

Haven't heard from you in a while, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz