cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very slow internet connections and downloads during bonus time period about 4 - 6 A.M.

very slow internet connections and downloads during bonus time period about 4 - 6 A.M.

O.K...so I went back to windows 7 from 10.  Programs functioning properly, but very slow on anything I do as of last night.  Whether logging into a site, downloading during bonus hours, or anything else, my speeds are dramatically down.  Any ideas?
4 REPLIES 4
Assistant Professor

Re: very slow internet connections and downloads during bonus time period about 4 - 6 A.M.

If you are talking about the computer being slower in general, not just online, I have read other reports of it happening after reverting from 10. Sadly the only real fix it appears is to do a clean install of the OS. 

If just slow online then do like Bill suggests.

Re: very slow internet connections and downloads during bonus time period about 4 - 6 A.M.

Good idea, thanks

Hi cuddlebug,

Thanks for posting. As Bill and sgoshe suggested, if you're concerned about your internet speeds (as opposed to your computer's speed), speed tests will help us evaluate your HughesNet system's performance. 

Before you run the speed tests, please connect your computer directly to the modem. Please run a set of 5 speed tests 3 times over the course of a 24 hour period for us to properly evaluate your speeds. If you're noticing that the slow speeds are only occurring consistently at a particular time, just run a batch of tests, spaced 5 min apart at that time. 

Your patience and cooperation is appreciated, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Speed test: http://consumer.performancetests.hughesnet.com

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Hi cuddlebug, 

It's been over a week since you posted about this and no reply regarding this speed concern, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you. If it's speed related, it would be best to follow the steps in my last post and include your speed test results in your new thread.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->