cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

very slow speed and i keep getting the run around. just want it gone!!

very slow speed and i keep getting the run around. just want it gone!!

very slow speed and i keep getting the run around. at this point i just want to get rid of it. and if im not getting the service that im paying for and they wont send any one out to fix it why do i have to pay a fee to cancel
5 REPLIES 5

Re: very slow speed and i keep getting the run around. just want it gone!!

they would have to sue you to get the cancel fee... go to the bank and have your account cancelled and then open a new one before you cancel.   just dont give hughesnet the new account number.. they would write a letter to the credit bureau and you can write an ancer to it making it useless against your credit report..   a bit of trouble but worth it to get rid of them..

You know something Philip if you would just say something like.  My download speed isn't where it should be can anyone help me figure this out.  Then give some information on the equipment you have and show some speed test results there are plenty of folks here that can and will help.  It is that old adage you get more with honey than vinegar.  The threats get you no where and then no one wants to respond to your request.  With that said please pass on a little more information so the good people on this forum can help.  

Good morning Philip,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We can certainly help address your speed concerns. As Bill already mentioned, we'll need to have some speed tests to begin with.

To help us address your speed concern, please connect your computer directly to the modem and run some speed tests for us to evaluate. Please run a set of 5 speed tests 3 times over the course of a 24 hour period for us to properly evaluate your speeds. Your patience and cooperation is appreciated, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Speed test: http://consumer.performancetests.hughesnet.com

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

I had issues with them from the installation so I called them before my 30 day trial was finished, DEMANDED a refund and for my contract to be cancelled. They tried to give me the run-around but I insisted that I would revoke my payment, dispute the charge and we would most certainly go to mediation if they did not do what I said (credit/cancel).  In the end, I had to send them back the equipment then I was credited and my account was cancelled. You really have to put your foot down with these people. Worse customer service ever!!

Hi,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->