very slow upload

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bradselz
New Poster

very slow upload

Some of the sites I regularly use were timing out.  Checking my connection I found that my upload speed was only 0.2 mbps.  I confirmed this on different computers in the house and with different browsers.  I called tech support and spent a miserable hour with a "tech" that ended up telling me that everything was ok on their end.  My internet is not working right, speedtest.com and testmy.net confirm it.  Help.

1 REPLY 1
bradselz
New Poster

Update, I called again and had another miserable experience.  I asked to speak to a customer service supervisor.  I was put on hold for close to 20 minutes.  They rep returned and told me that no supervisors were available. I asked for a service visit.  That, suprisingly I was granted.  The tech came to my home ( very nice guy) and said everything was fine with the dish.  He suggested having it pointed at another "beam".  I called support with him there to try to get that done.  Appearently the service techs can not call HughesNet directly.  After waiting on hold for 25 minutes the service tech said he had to go.  I hung up and called again. After another 10 minute hold I got someone.   I tried several times to explain the situation but there seemed to be a language barrier.  I could not understand the rep and asked if I could speak to someone else.  She hung up on me.

Hughes Net is just terrible.