cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

viewing connected devices

New Poster

viewing connected devices

I am a new customer that is trying to manage usage.  I have had service for a little over a week now and my hughesNet app and web portal both show I have 100% data remaining.  I know I have not used a lot as I am not present in the house much (it is a vacation rental unit) but I have used some data for sure while I was there for a couple days after intallation as well as two Nest thermostats which are constantly connected.  This weekend, renters showed up and I am sure have phones/tablets connected using data, yet it still shows that I have 100% of my data remaining.  I know I can view what devices are connected while I am on the actual network, but since I am not near that location, I can not be on the network.  Is there a way to view what devices are attached to my HughesNet network (wifi) while I, myself, am not on the network?  

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Professor

Re: viewing connected devices

For the first 20 days your account refills all the time, so you always have all the data. Now's the time to update anything you need to update and use all the data you need, because at the end of this grace period the data will be deducted normally. 

To see what's connected, follow the steps outlined here:  https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Verify-Your-Connected-Devices-How-To-Step-by-Step-Gu...

khweller wrote:

I am a new customer that is trying to manage usage.  I have had service for a little over a week now and my hughesNet app and web portal both show I have 100% data remaining.  I know I have not used a lot as I am not present in the house much (it is a vacation rental unit) but I have used some data for sure while I was there for a couple days after intallation as well as two Nest thermostats which are constantly connected.  This weekend, renters showed up and I am sure have phones/tablets connected using data, yet it still shows that I have 100% of my data remaining.  I know I can view what devices are connected while I am on the actual network, but since I am not near that location, I can not be on the network.  Is there a way to view what devices are attached to my HughesNet network (wifi) while I, myself, am not on the network?  

Distinguished Professor III

@khweller wrote:

Is there a way to view what devices are attached to my HughesNet network (wifi) while I, myself, am not on the network?  

Other than via a LAN cable connected device, if that's what you're referring to by not being on the WiFi network, the only way to do so would be to remote access the HughesNet modem, as you have to access the modem's System Control Center in order to be able to see this information.  

With this said, I have absolutely no clue how to do this, nor if it's even possible for anyone other than a HughesNet employee to do so.  There may be others who know for sure.

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Hi khweller,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! There isn't a way you can remotely check on your network with the tools we provide (i.e. the Support Center and the System Control Center). However, there are 3rd party programs/network managers available that serve that exact purpose. I'll leave it to the community for their suggestions if they have any experience with such programs.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Going to close this thread since it's gone inactive. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->