voice activation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JOETREE
New Poster

voice activation

Initiated voice service in mid april and activated. Recieved dialtone .Can not make calls or receive calls. Satellite reception  99. Three phones same problem. Many calls to tech support 18990136 137454325 137722716 a few of my case numbers. Replace ATA box no joy. Case escalated several times. No one calls me back. Hughesnet customer for many years. This is distubing. Anyone else have this issue? Was it fixed? Should I just cancel it?

7 REPLIES 7
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@JOETREE 

You'll likely receive a reply from a HughesNet rep tomorrow.  

Liz

Hi JOETREE,

Glad to have you in the community, thanks for posting. I pulled up your account and reviewed your recent cases. Looks like we tried reaching out on the 6th, called both numbers on file for you, one ending in 54 and the other ending in 76. I suppose one is a landline, correct? In any case, this investigation is still open on our end. Let me check with our VOIP team here at corporate to see what the next move is, because if I'm understanding the latest notes, they want to send a replacement ATA. I understand you've already had your ATA replaced earlier, so I want to make sure that this is correct, that they want a second replacement. 

Please also provide some additional details about what you're experiencing:

When you dial out, all you hear is nothing?

Does this happen with all phone numbers you try to dial? From what I can see, the last 7 outbound calls were to the same number, have you tried calling a different number to see if the issue persists?

Do you know if different callers trying to reach you have the same experiences? If so, what happens?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

replaced ata box once, Tried calling numerous numbers same. Have a dialtone dial number ,nothing but light static. Both boxes activated quickly so they are communicating.If I dial from my land line after about 30 sec I get "we're sorry your call did not go thru". sounds like a bigriver interface problem

Good morning JOETREE,

Thank you. Your case has been escalated to our corporate VOIP team. I'll keep you updated on any questions/instructions I get from them.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi JOETREE,

Thank you for your patience while our engineers look into this. They've setup another config for your system to use, please power cycle the ATA (unplug from power, wait 30 seconds, replug) to allow it to download the new config. 

Once you've power cycled the ATA, please reply to confirm so I can let engineering know so they can start monitoring.

Thanks,

Liz

Hi JOETREE,

I see in your notes you've called back in and indicated that your phone's working now. Glad to see that! If you have any other concerns, feel free to contact us again.

-Liz

Liz

Hi JOETREE,

Just an update on your case, this was escalated to our top VOIP team in a batch of cases. The person in charge of this team will see if they can expedite your case.

-Liz