way Way slow

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uh
Sophomore

way Way slow

I have been complaining about slow speeds since I bought this service over two years ago. Hughs' response has always been to put the onus on the customer for doing something wrong instead of actually just fixing the problem. They tell you to join testmy so they can evaluate your speeds but then put all kinds of stipulations on it. YOUR PROBLEM. They tell you test at different times of the day. You do that and then they say, Why? You're doing it wrong. But then when I finally do get their attention they send out just an installer who  tells me, "Wow I get 25 mps on my phone. I need to go home and think about this." Never hear from anybdy ever again.The first guy they send comes totally unanounced by them then has no ID. What was I supposed to do but refuse entry? Meanwhile I get .5 mbs if I'm lucky. I used to fet about 10 mbs if I get up in the middle of the night. Now is 5AM and I'm back to .5 mbs. I was thinking maybe I'm being throttled down to give businesses more bandwidth after the government's stopping net neutrality. But at 5AM? Or maybe my wifi is being comprimised. But using my LAN cable shows the same speeds. All this and I get to pay $86+ per month for this? I'm beyond frustrated. Whatever. You win.

6 REPLIES 6
echothetruth

Right,, but.  I can live with anything above 5gps upload..

My question is DATA.  ny data keeps going down with the computer, phone, and cell phone DISCONNECTED from the router.

No use to complain, they will say that is  my problem also.. I connected ,  recieved 1 file on gmail and uploaded a similar file of 25mb and unpluged again...Meter (according to their calculations) 300 mb used in one day.. On one file? 

NO WONDER MY DATA IS GOINE IN 5 DAYS..

NO VIDEOS

NO MOVIES

Ugggg . and think, I still got 22 months on a rigged contract that I was told nothing about...

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

With all due respect, are either of you looking to solve your problem?  This is a tech support community, where each thread is a ticket to get tech support.  Neither of you is asking for any tech support -- you seem to be just venting, which is not the purpose of this community.  

Uh, what exactly are you looking for?  This is your thread, and you have stated problems but you have not stated what you'd consider a satisfactory, reasonable solution.   Your post sounds like you've given up and now just sit there feeling defeated.  Are you looking for contract cancellation?  A different tech to come fix your system? If you could articulate what you'd consider a reasonable, doable solution, it might help your cause. 

Echo, your data does not disappear magically.  Something in your system is using it.  You may want to let people here help you investigate where it's going. Complaining about your data disappearing won't fix your problem.  Start a new thread under Tech Support, provide some details,  and give people a chance to help you figure out what's going on.  

@echothetruth wrote:

My question is DATA.  ny data keeps going down with the computer, phone, and cell phone DISCONNECTED from the router.

I had a similar problem some years ago.  It turned out to be an I-phone connecting to my wifi and updating all its apps.  1.4 gig of data gone in a matter of hours.

As a quick check turn off the Wireless.  Go to 192.168.0.1 with your browser, choose Wifi settings, enter your password, or "admin" if you haven't changed it, Advanced setup, WIRELESS, uncheck the 2.4 Ghrz and 5 Ghrz boxes, and then save settings.  If you've done everything correctly the Wireless light will go out on the front of the modem. 

This way you can be absolutely sure nothing is connecting to your wifi and using your data.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@uh wrote:

They tell you to join testmy so they can evaluate your speeds but then put all kinds of stipulations on it. YOUR PROBLEM.  

They put "all kinds of stipulations on it" for the same reason that any company having anything tested or requesting that something be tested does so in a specific way.  And yes, YOU have to do it, because HughesNet isn't in your home, using your devices.  And, let's be real, the stipulations aren't that difficult.   A direct connection, the WiFi disabled, a specific test size and testing frequency.  It's not rocket science.  

So, if you're having a speed issue, the ball is in your court.  You know what you have to do.  Whether you do it is up to you.

uh
Sophomore

My points verified, exactly. Even though  this is the COMMUNITTEE section some techy there only tells me this is wrong section. I guess you can't forward to wherever you think it should be instead of taking the time to **bleep** at me? Then their chief excuse maker, who's only apparent job is to surf around this whole forum making excuses, tells me this is not brain science and the ball is in my court. SEE? Perefect responce. I never expected less.

I HAVE taken matters in my own hands. I bought a Linksys router. It did help speeds a bit but everyday as soon as it gets toward business hours I'm back to .5mbs.

Good morning uh, 

Thanks for posting. Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!