web pages will time out,

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MSmith
Sophomore

web pages will time out,

web pages will time out, time of day doesn't matter, weather is not an issue, WI-FI is working. WHY?

12 REPLIES 12
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The only way to figure this out is to do some troubleshooting, which the HughesNet reps here can guide you on.  Have you done any troubleshooting on your own, and if so, what have you done so far?

This is a Dell pc.  I've run their Support Assist program finding no issues.  I've cleared browsing history.  I've restarted the modem several times.  Some times that helps and some times not.  I can be browsing without problems, then without warning it will just stop.  All the lights on the modem stay lit.

I have also tried to run the speed test on the Hughesnet website if I'm lucky enough to open the page.  The speed test will not load

maratsade

Wow, that's pretty bad.  Are you out of data?  To check that, go to this modem page: http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/status

What is the number next to State Code? 

At this moment State Code is 0.0.0 fully operational.

Usage is 39.4 gigabytes

maratsade

OK, moving on then. Does the issue persist if you use a different browser?  Does the issue persist if you use a browser in incognito mode? 

I tried using Google Chrome this morning to no avail.  I don't know what you mean by incognito.

maratsade

Top right corner of a Google Chrome page: there are 3 vertical dots. Click on that and then click "New incognito window."  You can also open an incognito window by pressing these 3 keys at the same time:  Ctrl, Shift, N. 

If you use Firefox, it's basically the same method, only Firefox has 3 lines instead of three dots. The keyboard shortcut for Firefox's private mode is pressing these 3 keys at the same time: Ctrl, Shift, P. 

Can I assume that an "in private" window in Edge the same thing?  Hughesnet page would not load.  I shut down the browsers and started over again with Edge so I could respond to you. I'll likely have to go to phone support (though I dred it).  I can't keep a reliable connection online.

maratsade

Yes, Edge works the same way. 

I hope the HughesNet reps here will chime in.  Maybe there's something they can suggest or add. 

Good morning MSmith,

Thank you for posting and working with maratsade so far, this info I've read so far helps. I just ran remote diagnostics on your site and the HughesNet system appears to be working normally.

I see you have one device connected to the 2.4 GHz network (which also appears to have no issue with signal health. Is this your Dell PC?

If you connect the Dell PC directly to the HughesNet modem via ethernet cable, do web pages still time out?

When you say web pages time out, you mean any site you try to visit? Even Google?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Good morning MSmith, 

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!