cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

well my internet is slow too jus have to deal with it

Highlighted

well my internet is slow too jus have to deal with it

well my internet is slow too the speed is only 17 kbps unless I wait until 2:00 am with blood shot eyes jus to download my music loops so I can make music. My brother got a pre paid AT&T cell phone and when he runs out of high speed data his phone is as slow. This is the cheapest internet that I can get over here besides dial up. Which dial up is faster. This internet is only 17kbps, and my step dad used to have dial up internet and the speed was faster his speed was about 80kbps he had AT&T and he use to live in a trailer house next door to where I'm living at now
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: well my internet is slow too jus have to deal with it

Perhaps you are in FAP.  Hughesnet's own and testmy.net are the two sites to use for speed tests.  

I don't understand how you could possibly be getting 17 kbps unless there is something seriously wrong. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

Oh it could be if he is in FAP and is reading transfer rate instead of download speed.  I also do not buy 80kbs with dial up when I had dial up I had transfer rates in the single digits.  The fact that he gets better during bonus time suggest he is in FAP however.

Xydconel enter 192.168.0.1 into the address bar and see if you have used all your data.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Oh man.  When I saw that 80kbps it didn't really sink in.  With dialup?  Nah.  Not happening. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

Good morning Xydconel,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! We'd like to help address your speed concerns, so I've pulled up your account to run remote diagnostics on your site to determine if there was anything wrong with the HughesNet equipment and their connection to the satellite, and everything checks out OK. 

Please follow the steps here to set up a testmy.net account and run speed tests so that we get a proper evaluation of your system performance:

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/cant-use-the-hughesnet-speedtest-guide-for-testmy....

Most important points:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem
-use the 12MB test file
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart
-post your results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/[yourusername]

Looking forward to hearing back from you.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled I want to cancel Huhges net.

Too slow can't use youtube can't play online games can't download more than 10 gb of it doesn't matter if u buy a code to download a game plus they trying to over draft money out of the bank I heard if they try to over draft so many times they going to charge me and I can't afford that all I get is 733$ a month out of SSI.
Highlighted

Good morning xydconel,

Thanks for posting. We can help address your speed concerns here if you aren't getting the appropriate speeds for your service plan, just let us know. Otherwise, you must call us at 866.347.3292 to cancel.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

Hi xydconel,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply with any indication to troubleshoot from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,
Liz