HughesNet Community

why is my internet so slow its crazy i can turn off my wi-fi on my phone and my verizon 4g is faster than hughesnet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kristyburge

why is my internet so slow its crazy i can turn off my wi-fi on my phone and my verizon 4g is faster than hughesnet

why is my internet so slow its crazy i can turn off my wi-fi on my phone and my verizon 4g is faster than hughesnet and i dont have much service on my phone?
6 REPLIES 6
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Kristy, I don't know why without some troubleshooting. Could be router is not configured correctly. How is speed with a single computer plugged directly into the modem, no router?
Amanda

Hi Kristy,

Welcome to our community and thank you for your post. I was able to locate your account and run some initial diagnostics and determine everything looks fine over here. Could you perhaps run some speed tests for us when connected to HughesNet and post them here?

To elaborate on the speed tests to continue troubleshooting, please follow the steps here to set up a testmy.net account and run speed tests so that we get a proper evaluation of your system performance:

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/cant-use-the-hughesnet-speedtest-guide-for-testmy...

Most important points:
-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem
-use the 12MB test file
-space each test at least 5 minutes apart
-post your results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/[yourusername]

Thanks,
Amanda
Chris11
Alum

Hello Kristy,

It's been a few days since we last heard from you. Were you able to run the tests Amanda suggested? I'm sure with some more info to work with we can fix what ever you are experiencing. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you,
Chris
bberquist
New Poster

I have the same trouble, and there is no speed difference between my cell phone and my PC. They're both ridiculously slow.

What the Hell am I paying for???!!!
candacejoye

I'm having the same problem. Let me know if you find a solution. Thank you
Ricky
Tutor

Candacejoye, this is a older thread. It would be best to click on the "NEW POST" button at the top of this page and start your own thread. That way you will get the help you deserve and need.