cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows 10 email issue

windows 10 email issue

Sorry I posted this a few weeks ago and did not get back on to see the reply.

I have two PC's (laptop and desktop) running windows 7 and syncing my email IMAP secure through hughesnet to my windows Outlook.   I have the same port settings on each 993 & 465 and all has been good for over a year.   Last week I "Upgraded' the laptop to windows 10 as a test and when I tried to set up my mail in the new app, I got a message that the mail server I use could not be contacted.    I had the same message on my desktop that was running windows 7.    I traced it to something on Hughesnet when I had the same settings on my phone and the email connection worked fine when using the cell network, but did not work when I switched it to hughesnet.      I rebooted the hughesnet device and all was well.

That is all was well on my PC,  As soon as I booted up the laptop using windows 10 and tried to sync the e-mail it started all over again.     I am back running now on Windows 7 but need to know if there is an issue or setting I need to change for Windows 10 to work with Hughesnet.

Answers from the reply:
I did use the correct values as suggested  by the person that replied for my incoming and outgoing ports,  In fact I tried a couple different ones that had been suggested.     The reason that I was focusing on Hughesnet was  that:
1. I loaded windows 10 and tried to set up my e-mail. 
2. My email would not work on that PC or on my PC with windows 7 but it did work on my android phone working through it's own wireless  network
3.  I rebooted my Hughesnet modem
4.  I checked my windows 7 PC first and the email worked
5.  I checked my windows 10 PC and it crashed it again.

Maybe there has been a patch in the last two weeks,  just trying to figure out if anyone else has seen this.
5 REPLIES 5
WJA

Re: windows 10 email issue

You don't have to make any changes for Windows 10 to work with Hughesnet, the issue may well be that some things you had on your previous OS don't work with Windows 10. Sounds from your description that whatever you are using as an email client isn't compatible with Windows 10.
Advanced Tutor

Sometimes, I've had to simply remove an IMAP Email account, reboot everything, and then re enter the account.

Using Thunderbird on Windows 10.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Assistant Professor

thanks.  I'll try that the next time I try to load windows 10.   

Hi fsceravalo

Let us know if you got it working - if not I can see what else we can do to help!

Thanks
Amanda