cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

windows update 1607

Sophomore

windows update 1607

I"ve downloaded this twice  lots of data used when it restarts I get an error message could not complete.  Is anyone else having problems with this/
15 REPLIES 15
Honorary Alumnus

Re: windows update 1607

You may wish to keep an eye on this DSLR Microsoft subforum for developements on your issue.
https://www.dslreports.com/forum/micr...
Sophomore

Yes, I had this happen. Turns out there was a problem with my video card when I looked in device manager. Once I straightened that out it installed OK.

In my case it did not download the update twice. It verified the files it had downloaded the first time and then did the update. 

The update used about 3.5G of data.

Hi farmerhugh,

Similar to Gwalk900's suggestion, I'd check out the Microsoft Community to see if anyone has had the same issue or if they have posted known issues. I had some trouble with this update and like Foxbrook, had to update my video card drivers (NVIDIA GeForce 970 GT) and still have slow boot and other issues. Let us know if you figure it out.

Thanks,
Amanda
Sophomore

I am still having problems with this.  Could someone explain step by step how to update video card drivers,  im not very smart in the computer dept.  I've gone thru 70% of my nightime data and its still not done.  Youve all helped me so much can you help me again.  I never use 50% of my night data.  I hate win10    it keeps popping up to download my update and security setting,  thanks
Associate Professor

farmerhugh,

Do you happen to know what graphics card you have?  These issues usually only occur if you are using something other than an integrated Intel GPU, such as an AMD/ATI graphics card, or more commonly, an Nvidia card.

Hi farmerhugh,

Going to be totally honest, not sure an easy way on how to figure that out over the community.. But I can say that I reverted back to the previous Windows 10 patch because I have too many issues with this one. I will wait until they sort out the bugs and release a fixed one. 

Like C0rr0sive mentioned, somewhat depends on the video card. You can quickly check by clicking on your Start Button and start typing "device manager" 

Open the device manager and look for "Display Adapters"
Expand it and look at your Display Adapters. Can you tell us what is under there? 

You can right click what is under Display Adapters and select "Update Driver..." and then "Search automatically.." to see if there are available updates for your video card.

Thanks
Amanda
Honorary Alumnus

Farmerhugh,

" I hate win10    it keeps popping up to download my update and security setting,  thanks"

I ran across this Techrepublic article this morning that included some time limit changes to return to your previous OS:

The entire article can be found here:

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/windows-10-anniversary-update-watch-out-for-these-nasty-surprise...

Sophomore

Thanks Gwalk,  mine popped up again last night.  I sure wish I hadn't bought this computer last spring.  I ordered a refurbished win 7 out of desperation last week.  it arrived and didn't work. Sent it back.   i hate win 10.  too complicated for this old lady,  and thanks Amanda  going to try what you suggested.
Sophomore