wireless calling not working on cellphone

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cl
New Poster

wireless calling not working on cellphone

My new Samsung Galaxy S10e does recognize and show my Hughes net connection in my Connections and WiFi calling is on.  I cannot be heard clearly when I try to place a call and I have not received one of the calls so far and it didn't even show up in my calls list.  Tech support looked at my account and all seems fine.  What else can I do to fix this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@cl 

Unfortunately, WiFi calling doesn't tend to work well with HughesNet, if it works at all.  The high latency and the processes in place to help mitigate the effects of it cause issues with WiFi calling.  

Unfortunately, it's very unlikely that you'll be able to get it to work properly.  

HughesNet does offer their own Voice service, though.  It's just an idea in case you can't get home or cell phone service where you are.  

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
GabeU

@cl 

Unfortunately, WiFi calling doesn't tend to work well with HughesNet, if it works at all.  The high latency and the processes in place to help mitigate the effects of it cause issues with WiFi calling.  

Unfortunately, it's very unlikely that you'll be able to get it to work properly.  

HughesNet does offer their own Voice service, though.  It's just an idea in case you can't get home or cell phone service where you are.  

TandMShanks
New Poster

We have the same issue with Iphones - WIFI calling does not work at all. Download of pics and messages is stopped or slowed down if the phone is connected to WIFI.

As for the suggestion of Voice over IP - we have it - does not work well either. Have an ongoing trouble ticket with them over dropped calls and garbled connections on numerous occassions. Sometimes works flawlessly, sometimes not, no rhyme or reason to when it does not work.

maratsade

The rhyme and reason is probably a combination of latency and of congestion (traffic) on the beam. 

TandMShanks wrote:

We have the same issue with Iphones - WIFI calling does not work at all. Download of pics and messages is stopped or slowed down if the phone is connected to WIFI.

As for the suggestion of Voice over IP - we have it - does not work well either. Have an ongoing trouble ticket with them over dropped calls and garbled connections on numerous occassions. Sometimes works flawlessly, sometimes not, no rhyme or reason to when it does not work.