wireless traffic continues to go up despite the fact that wireless is disabled

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
phalen
Freshman

wireless traffic continues to go up despite the fact that wireless is disabled

I noticed on the System status page that there were wireless packets received and transmitted even though I have never connected via wireless.  The only wireless ccapable device I own is this computer.

I disabled the wireless services on the modem and the wireless traffic continues.  What is going on?

Traffic totals for 1 day of usage.

For Broadband:

Data packets received - 296541

Data packiet transmitted - 82937

For Wireless

Data packets received - 963447

Data packiet transmitted - 1284549

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Really it's more or less a WebGUI error...  Where it says "Wifi Info" it should really be "LAN Info".  If you take a look at the HT1100 on the latest software, the page looks the exact same, except for the name of the box.  Chances are it was named Wifi because the HT2000w is a wifi capable unit.

I bet if you download a large chunk of data on wired connections, the packet count skyrockets, and when you sit idle it barely moves.

HT1100 System StatusHT1100 System StatusHT2000w System StatusHT2000w System Status

After poking around a bit on my units, I can confirm, it's a naming error, and nothing more.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Really it's more or less a WebGUI error...  Where it says "Wifi Info" it should really be "LAN Info".  If you take a look at the HT1100 on the latest software, the page looks the exact same, except for the name of the box.  Chances are it was named Wifi because the HT2000w is a wifi capable unit.

I bet if you download a large chunk of data on wired connections, the packet count skyrockets, and when you sit idle it barely moves.

HT1100 System StatusHT1100 System StatusHT2000w System StatusHT2000w System Status

After poking around a bit on my units, I can confirm, it's a naming error, and nothing more.