cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

worst service ever, awful company, no help

worst service ever, awful company, no help

Me and my fiancee have had hughes net for 1 yr now. Ae have called several times with complaint and recieced zero help. The almost month we had it the internet only worked when plugged up to the modem. We have purchased 3 different routers and it is not the routers issue. Secondly it is the slowest internet ever. We rarely use it and when we do it is only for my school work and browsing the internet. When we call to file a complaint we are told to use our tokens.. Which we do.... And they do absolutely nothing. The internet only works about 60% of time and seeing as we are paying a ridiculously inflated fee if should be working all the time. 3rd- when we finally got a live person on our last phone call... after waiting an hour we were told to try the higher package and we would get it for free the first month.. Just had to pay $16 for the prorated amount of our bill for that month. That was a lie. You took $100 out of our bank account without our consent..basically you stole from us. 4th- we had been out of town for 2 weeka and the internet was not used but when we got back we could not use the internet and was informed we had reached out limit.... How?? Our internet is password protected and neighbors are too far away. We have been suckered into giving you more money for no service. We want out of our contract and the $100 you stole replaced. Let me know what info you need from me to look at our account
14 REPLIES 14
Alum

Re: worst service ever, awful company, no help

Melissa,

Welcome to the community and thank you for reaching out. Please allow us to help you! We want to look into your issues at hand, but are having a hard time locating your account with the information you provided. Could you please post the serial number of your modem so that we may look into this? It is located on the back.

We are early waiting for your reply.

- Warren

We are out of town again. Will be sure to send it when we return sunday. Can you look it up by phone number?
Alum

Melissa,

Yes, but we prefer you not to post your private info on here, so if possible, please send to communitysupport@hughes.com

- Warren

Ok, I just sent it. Thank you.
Alum

Melissa,

Thanks for the reply. Please allow me to help you here. I was able to locate your account successfully and I verified that the $97.08 credit was applied to your account successfully on 7/16. Let’s work on this billing issue. Let us know a good time that we can call to discuss this with you.

Sorry about your service issues, but we still want to help. Are you still having issues with speeds?  Again, please allow us to fix any issues you may have with your service.

- Warren

That was for an issue from the beginning that was refunded and settled . according to my fiancee, on the last phone call we were informed that we would only be charged $60/mo. for the new level of service but that was not applied.

As for the service, i am out of town but when we left on sunday we were still having problems. Yall are SO expensive to never work.
Alum

Melissa,

Appreciate your patience. We are sorry that your experience has not been the best and would hate to see you go as a customer. Allow me to add clarity here.

We received the call log which states the service was upgraded to Power Pro $79.99, with a one month service credit, applied on the 24th of June. The following pay period, which lands on the 6th of every month, was only charged $12.84 (taxes and lease fee). Your service balance monthly total is now $97.08. There is no $100 charge against your account on record.

If you feel that your billing statement is in error, please feel free to dispute by calling Customer care: 1-866-347-3292

As for the slow service, were able to pull up your account and run some diagnostics.
We returned results that your LAN connection is not receiving packets, meaning that your router is not receiving the data.

As you mentioned in your post, we understand that you have had multiple routers, so we know it must be frustrating to deal with. But we will need for you to disconnect the router and run the modem straight to your computer to test.

We have extended to you our Home Tech service free of charge in the past, but have been denied. In most cases, a small technicality would keep you from exceptional service we truly want to provide to you.

Please allow us to help you!

If you still decide to end your service, Please call Customer care: 1-866-347-3292

- Warren

Im sorry but fiancee said that is not true. We were told it would only be $60/month and they did not agree to send support for free, we were told we would be charged. Have you listened to the last phone call since they are recorded? We have complained several times and do not feel we should be charged over $300 to cancel our contract.
Alum

Melissa,

Thanks for your patience. We are in process of the call review to verify what the sales agent offered, but in the meantime, let's see if we can fix any service issues you may have.

If you give me us a good time to call, I will set up a Home Tech service to check out your system. The process shouldn't take a lot of your time, as long as your in front of your computer.

Again, please allow us to help you, as we will work to have you at 100% optimal service.

- Warren