cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chromecast...what's the advantage?

Distinguished Professor II

Re: Chromecast...what's the advantage?

@maratsadewrote:

I thought you actually used the Chrome browser, @GabeU .

I mostly do, but not for everything, and being forced to do so makes it product specific, which I don't like.  

I'm sure it would work for most things, but that Belkin Miracast thing basically does exactly what I was looking for with no strings attached.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

@maratsadewrote:

"So, how much is Google paying you? "

MILLIONS!  

mo1.jpgka-ching! 

Seven figures?  WOW.  I've REALLY got to renegotiate my shill contract with Hughes!  Smiley Tongue  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

@BirdDogwrote:

This also concerns me in the first link, does it mean it will use the mobile data instead?

• Do you have 4G Data in your mobile hand set? Then there is absolutely no need to worry as you can stream your favourite content on 4G on your device and mirror it to your Chromecast without any hassles. This will save you from hard efforts that we put in struggling around with hot spots.

That's the very first thing I noticed.  It seems like nothing's ever quite as simple as the title claims.  Smiley Sad  

Associate Professor

Google's where it's at, dude.  LOL

@GabeUwrote:

Seven figures?  WOW.  I've REALLY got to renegotiate my shill contract with Hughes!  Smiley Tongue 

Associate Professor

"That's the very first thing I noticed.  It seems like nothing's ever quite as simple as the title claims."

the devil's in the details, @GabeU. Smiley Wink

Associate Professor

"I'm sure it would work for most things, but that Belkin Miracast thing basically does exactly what I was looking for with no strings attached."

Do write a review after you've used it a bit, @GabeU

Highlighted

@maratsadewrote:

"I'm sure it would work for most things, but that Belkin Miracast thing basically does exactly what I was looking for with no strings attached."

Do write a review after you've used it a bit, @GabeU

I definitely will, but it will probably be a while before I get it.