Google wifi points keep dropping

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Drivenbytheson
New Poster

Google wifi points keep dropping

I have multiple google wifi points to cover our home.

I talked with a very good google tech today and he even got on the phone with hugesnet support with me (who was nearly worthless).

The google tech was able to determine the issue being the Hughesnet router conflicting with the Google router... The simple solution was we just needed to put the hughesnet modem/router into bridge mode...

But apparently the equipment hughesnet uses doesn't allow that...

Hughes net tried to open a port that google tech suggested as a work around and they were not capable... They offered no solutions and obviously couldn't have cared less.... While the Google tech spent a ton of time trying to get the Hughes tech to do their job in between long hold times while he talked to "advanced support".

Just hoping someone has solved this or knows the magic terminology that can get hughesnet to set things correctly to avoid the router conflicts.

4 REPLIES 4
Liz

Hi Drivenbytheson,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! If you decide to use your own router for wifi, turn off the wifi in the HughesNet modem to avoid any interference. Follow these steps here to get to your HughesNet modem's wifi settings and uncheck "SSID Enable" under each tab (2.4 GHz, 5 GHz, and both guest networks).

Hope that helps!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I followed the instructions correctly. The google tech didn't seem to think that would fully address the issue and it hasn't. Still have the points stopping. Talking to HN support they won't do anything unless I use HN extenders...

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You may want to get the booster.

Hi Drivenbytheson,

I see you already purchased the HughesNet WiFi Booster, I hope it's working well for you. Here's additional information about the booster. Feel free to post back if you have additional concerns.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!