Hughesnet Community

Has Anyone Downloaded and Installed the Creators Update?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Has Anyone Downloaded and Installed the Creators Update?

I'm just curious if anyone's done this, and if so, did you notice any problems afterward?  

Did you notice any advantages to Windows 10 after installing this update?

If you know, how large was the update for you?   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A few things I have noticed and ran into...

This time around, the Creators Update (Windows Version 1703) didn't uninstall any of my programs, however, a few lost their registration, and had to be reactivated.  Still annoying, but not as bad as before where programs had been fully removed and no notes left behind.  I have only noticed this with a few programs, seems they may be storing registration information somewhere in the registry that is being overwrote during upgrades.

Some things I have noticed and have done...

-Went back into Settings > Privacy and checked to make sure all the settings I wanted applied, are still applied.  A few changed, most didn't.

-Your default applications are reset back to default during the upgrade... Chrome set as default browser?  You're going to have to tell Win10 under Settings > Apps what you want for defaults again.

-Noticed there's a new section in settings, "Gaming", went in and turned the "Game Bar" off as I don't need that annoying thing when gaming, and I also disabled "Game Mode"

-Wired connections can now be set to metered!  Settings > Network & Internet > Status > Change Connection Properties > Set as metered connect

-Those that use natural daylight instead of 100w equivilent lightbulbs for their room lighting might find the Settings >  System > Display > Nightlight option useful.  It allows you to change the color tone of your screen so that it's not as stressful on your eyes being the only bright object in the room.  Allowing for a more warm coloration, or cooler, depending on the options you chose under "Night Light Settings".

All of that aside, while writing this out and poking at things to make sure information was accurate, I noticed something... When looking at the "Data Usage" under network, I have used over 10TB in the last month! ROFL
0f5a2fdb636e73b126a652f575a0375c

Most of it was me backing things up, and poking around in my server... Next up was Chrome at 670GB, but that was me streaming from my server. lol
3307b483b5e43d831040030390bb82af

View solution in original post

30 REPLIES 30