Hughesnet Community

How do you disconnect Dish Hopper from HT2000w wifi?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bare65
Advanced Tutor

How do you disconnect Dish Hopper from HT2000w wifi?

Connecting our Dish Hopper to the HT2000w via wifi...super easy, no problems.

but disconnecting it, and keeping it disconnected so that it doesn't automatically re-connect when wifi is turned back on....well, I have yet to figure up how to do that and as such, I'm having to change the password on the HT2000w wifi end so that the Dish Hopper doesn't automatically connect....which it does each time if the password remains the same.

surely there is an easier way to disconnect from wifi and keep it disconnected via the Dish remote?

Does anyone know how to do this, and if so, would you mind walking me through the steps?

With our PS4, there is an option under the PS4 settings to prevent the game console from automatically connecting to the wifi so that even if it detects the wifi, it will not automatically connect without permission.

I was hoping to find a similar option under the Dish settings, but I've looked everywhere under the settings menu via the Dish remote and can't seem to find one.

I've only connected the Hopper to the HT2000w twice since we got Dish installed about 8 months ago...but it's such a pain in the butt having to change the password in order to ensure that the Hopper isn't going to automatically re-connect by itself that we have yet to really enjoy all of the Hopper / OnDemand features. I was really hoping to use our 50 GB 'bonus zone' data to download and watch some of the OnDemand programming, especially on weekends.

What am I doing wrong, if anything..?

23 REPLIES 23

Thank you to both of you @BirdDog & @MarkJFine for helping me with my question.

I learn something new every day...

May have to check out what's playing at the Drive-In this weekend Smiley Tongue

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

bare65 wrote: 

May have to check out what's playing at the Drive-In this weekend Smiley Tongue

The last movie I saw at a Drive-In was "Stripes" in 1981.  Our local drive-in was torn down in the 90s.  And local means 20 miles away.  😛   

bare65
Advanced Tutor

Our 'local' drive-in is some 105 miles away. Mind you, where we live, anything considered 'local' is 105 miles away, LOL!

Our closest 'local' gas station is some 40 miles away ROFL!

They have two screen, one larger than the other, and two movies per screen for around $8 per person. This past year, there was talk about the drive-in closing it's door due to their equipment being old and not having the funds to update it over to some type of digital format, but the funds were found (not sure through what source) and the drive-in was able to update their technology and equipment and as such, are now able to remain open.

There is another Drive-In that is also still operational but that one is approx. 120 miles away from us in the other direction and as of yet, we have never been to that one.

Sadly, Drive-ins are becoming a things of the past. I think there are only around 300 or so left in the U.S.