cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No email, connectivity issue

Freshman

Re: No email, connectivity issue

I did my own speed tests, can’t figure out how to do the ones he asked! I am technically challenged! It is upload that is very low! No blink camera or anything else is connected to my internet! Worked last year does not work since reconnect! Works at 2 of my neighbors who are also on Hughes? It seems to be just here!

Professor

First thing, create a free account here:  

https://testmy.net/

When you have the account, please let us know and we'll give you the second step.

Assistant Professor

@Tiaduffey wrote:

I did my own speed tests, can’t figure out how to do the ones he asked! I am technically challenged! 

Well, if you did your own, and you didn't tell anyone, how was @GabeU supposed to send your speed tests to anyone, like you said? He gave you very detailed instructions on what to do. If you're that technically challenged, it's likely your entire configuration is messed up and that's why you're having these problems.

@Tiaduffey wrote:

It is upload that is very low!

I heard that somewhere. Trust me when I tell you that your UPLOAD speed has nothing to do with your email and apps not DOWNLOADING properly.

@Tiaduffey wrote:

No blink camera or anything else is connected to my internet! Worked last year does not work since reconnect! Works at 2 of my neighbors who are also on Hughes? It seems to be just here

You keep saying this and I keep telling you it's irrelevant. We already established it is your setup that is messed up, but you won't do the things we ask you to because you cower behind bieng "technically challenged". I'll say it again: If you won't do what we ask, then all you're doing is barking in the wind.

This is like watching a blind man trying to fish in a barrell with no fish in it, but complaining that his pole won't move.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Freshman

Wow! Don’t even know what to say anymore!

Assistant Professor

@Tiaduffey wrote:

Wow! Don’t even know what to say anymore!

This site is to get technical advise from people from us. We keep giving you suggestions on what to do and you keep repeating what the problems are and what your excuses are for not accepting the help you're being given. It's redundant.

We can't help you if you won't do what we ask or even feed back to us what you're doing. We can't just wiggle our collective noses to make it work again.

Your only other option is to pay for expensive technical on-site support to come to the location and sort it for you. You can call the regular help line to arrange that, or maybe an admin here can set it up for you.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Professor

Tia, I agree with Mark.  It seems that since you have such issues understanding the technology, you may need someone to sit with you in person and help identify and fix the problem.  You will need to pay for a Hughesnet tech to come visit you and work on your network.  It would save you a lot of time and headaches. 

Advanced Tutor

It's times like this that I wonder. What would Gwalk do in this case?

Distinguished Professor IV

@Reggie wrote:

I think Gwalk would probably give instructions on what needs to be done, much as we have.  I really don't know what he would do differently.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Distinguished Professor IV

@Tiaduffey

If you can tell us where you're getting stuck with the speed testing instructions we can help you, but the reps will need those speed test results.  And I wouldn't waste your time running speed tests if they aren't being done in the way instructed, as they aren't going to do the reps any good.  

Again, if you can tell us where you are having a difficult time we can help you.  As @maratsade stated, the very first step is creating an account at testmy.net.  Click on Sign Up on the upper right of their web page and complete the steps to create an account.  Then, after you create the account, sign into the account, if you aren't already, and run the speed tests as instructed.   

If you're not able to follow these steps and perform the speed tests as needed, I would ask a friend or relative who has a bit more technical knowledge to help you to do so.  

BTW, I don't send your speed test results to anyone.  When you've run some tests, either you or someone else (one of us can do it for you) will post your testmy.net results page link so that the reps can click on it and view your speed test results.  The results aren't sent to them or anything like that.  

Also, just so there's no confusion, I'm a customer, like you.  I'm not officially connected to HughesNet in any way, other than being a customer.  Only those that have "Moderator" or "Employee" or something similar next to their names are HughesNet employees.  The rest of us are just fellow customers.   

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Assistant Professor

@Reggie wrote:

Gwalk would have likely presented his suggestions and then just backed away until they were accomplished.

I would rather let the person know the ramifications of not doing them, and have done so several times.