Hughesnet Community

Pausing Updates in Windows 10 version 1703...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Pausing Updates in Windows 10 version 1703...

With the Creators Update came the ability to pause updates.  

All of the articles that I have read on this show them pausing their machines for 35 days.  My laptop can pause updates for 35 days.  My desktop can only pause them for 7 days.  I asked on the Microsoft Community and they have no clue as to why.  

How long are you able to pause yours?  If you are unfamiliar with this, when you go into Windows Update, click on Advanced Options.  Toward the bottom of the page you'll see the option to pause updates.  It will tell you how long you can pause them for.  

My desktop...

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have the Creator Update on a few of my systems (it still wont work on my Laptop, which I am not happy about).   On the systems that are running Creator Update, I never noticed an option to Pause either.  I also have Home Edition.

I just did some searching and found that the Pause option is only available in Pro, Education, and Enterprise versions.  Link below to other features if you'll want to read em.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/insider/wiki/insider_wintp-insider_install/what-is-new-in-window...

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16