Phillip Hues Lights can't link bridge

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skuphan
Freshman

Phillip Hues Lights can't link bridge

I am trying to link my Phillips Hue bridge so I can use ifttt with my Echo Dot to control the color of my lights. Has anybody ever had success linking their bridge so they can use the geofencing feature or the ifttt functions with their lights?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
larrykelly
Junior

I had the same issue and came up with a solution offered by a commenter on the Philips MEET THE HUE website used to do the linking. Apparently, synchronization via that site can’t make it past the Hughes modem. The solution was to take your iPad (or whatever) and your Philips bridge to a friend’s house with a different ISP and try to link there. They said once you returned home, the link would be remembered. I DID EXACTLY THAT TODAY AND IT WORKED! 

I can now successfully issue such commands as, “Alexa, turn the table lamp red”. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
larrykelly
Junior

I had the same issue and came up with a solution offered by a commenter on the Philips MEET THE HUE website used to do the linking. Apparently, synchronization via that site can’t make it past the Hughes modem. The solution was to take your iPad (or whatever) and your Philips bridge to a friend’s house with a different ISP and try to link there. They said once you returned home, the link would be remembered. I DID EXACTLY THAT TODAY AND IT WORKED! 

I can now successfully issue such commands as, “Alexa, turn the table lamp red”. 

Did you just take the bridge and link it to your phillips account or did you need a bulb also?

I am having the same issue with Gen 5.

Just the bridge. Everything has been fine since.