PlayOn Cloud question...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

PlayOn Cloud question...

If I want to record programs to the cloud, then download them within seven days, I don't need the monthly plan, right?  I can just purchase recording credits.  Is this correct?

Is a monthly cloud plan needed only if I want to keep the recordings in cloud storage for longer than seven days? 

So, basically, I download the app to my phone and buy some recording credits (or vice versa), then set it up to record what I want, then download the recordings when I get the email link(s), and the only thing I need to purchase for this is the recording credits, NOT a monthly cloud plan, right?  And I just need to make sure that I download the items within seven days from when they're recorded?     

Thanks for the help.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
maratsade

You're correct in all of those..

@GabeU wrote:

If I want to record programs to the cloud, then download them within seven days, I don't need the monthly plan, right?  I can just purchase recording credits.  Is this correct?

Is a monthly cloud plan needed only if I want to keep the recordings in cloud storage for longer than seven days? 

So, basically, I download the app to my phone and buy some recording credits (or vice versa), then set it up to record what I want, then download the recordings when I get the email link(s), and the only thing I need to purchase for this is the recording credits, NOT a monthly cloud plan, right?  And I just need to make sure that I download the items within seven days from when they're recorded?     

Thanks for the help.  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
maratsade

You're correct in all of those..

@GabeU wrote:

Thanks for the help.  

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

You're correct in all of those.

Thank you, sir!  🙂

maratsade

You're very welcome, sir. 🙂

Watch for token sales -- I've accumulated over 300. 

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

Watch for token sales -- I've accumulated over 300. 

I'll definitely do that.  Actually, I'm probably going to wait until they have a sale before I buy any.  I'm in no rush, and as of right now there are only a couple of things I want to get, and those things aren't going anywhere.  

Still, even $0.25 per credit isn't bad.

maratsade

I stocked up during a big sale where credits were 10 cents a piece. That was pretty awesome.  Lately the sales have been offiering credits for 20c apiece, which is pretty good.  You'll get lots of offers in your email. I think the big discounts happen around holidays; I think I stocked up during a Valetine's Day sale.

Check your account -- you may have 5 free credits. 

@GabeU wrote:

I'll definitely do that.  Actually, I'm probably going to wait until they have a sale before I buy any.  I'm in no rush, and as of right now there are only a couple of things I want to get, and those things aren't going anywhere.  

Still, even $0.25 per credit isn't bad.